Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm thinking extended hard bags now...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011 | 09:19 PM
DR. V-TWIN
|
Former Sponsor
Default I'm thinking extended hard bags now...

After all this with the RKC leather bags I am now thinking i want extended hard bags after seeing a few bikes with them on in person yesterday. The whole purpose of the RKC bags was keep the cost down so I don't have to pay for paint and all. Check out these pics I took yesterday and let me know what you think...extended bags?

Drew

Old 02-14-2011 | 09:26 PM
FatBoyVeteran
Road Captain

Hell yeah. I got a buddy with a 2000 Fatty. He is doing the same thing with the extended bags.

Nice custom look for sure.

Old 02-14-2011 | 09:32 PM
osrblack
Advanced

I don't think that they look good from the back you really have to have the fender and pipes all work together. It looks a little unfinished or thrown together to me. I also think your bike looks killer with the leather bags It just seems to go with style of your bike. just my opinion and you know what they say about that...

Old 02-14-2011 | 09:34 PM
DR. V-TWIN
|
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by osrblack
I don't think that they look good from the back you really have to have the fender and pipes all work together. It looks a little unfinished or thrown together to me. I also think your bike looks killer with the leather bags It just seems to go with style of your bike. just my opinion and you know what they say about that...
I am glad you like it as I am not sure how to pay for this mod anyway.

Drew

Old 02-14-2011 | 09:39 PM
streetbobkid
Road Captain

I definitely like your bike the way it is, I'm not a fan of the stretched bag without the matching fender, but if you can afford it, it looks pretty sweet either way

Old 02-14-2011 | 09:44 PM
SMF
Banned

They look **** bro go for it

Old 02-14-2011 | 09:46 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

Ive been thinkin about the Hard Bags also. Think that may be next winters mod. For now gonna go with a Hogdeluxe frame bag. Id say go with it drew, it makes bikes look good as hell. 2 cents

Old 02-14-2011 | 09:54 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

What's it cost for extended hard bags and a matching fender on a Fat Boy? Just interested in a rough estimate.

Which brands best?

Old 02-14-2011 | 10:00 PM
SMF
Banned

Originally Posted by caseyx
what's it cost for extended hard bags and a matching fender on a fat boy? Just interested in a rough estimate.

Which brands best?
with out paint a lot of money with paint even more money. Just the bottom parts of the bags ive seen them the lowest 600 on fleebay, then you have to buy locks, lids, bagger tail kit, and paint

Old 02-14-2011 | 10:36 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Thats the problem with all these choices - never satisfied. You are lucky to have such a nice setup. But, if you can afford to keep changing it up - why not! lol

You could always go back to TD's. The RK bags look good with that setup.

Quick Reply: I'm thinking extended hard bags now...