Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Your Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 05:58 PM
harleybiker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Your Seat?

Tell me what seat you traded out from stock to, how you like it, and website.I own an 05 Deluxe and looking for a more comfortable seat for longer rides. Thanks.

hb

Old 10-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Why Your Seat?

I had my seat custom modified by an uphostery shop. Moved me back and down for more leg room.
I love the look of the stock seat, so I didn't want to change it.

I can now ride 12 hours no problem. I used to need a break at an hour or so.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:09 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Change from stock Deluxe seat to Mustang Wide Solo. Had daily backache from stock seat. With the wide solo, my back hasn't hurt since. Best inventment I've made on this deluxe.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:33 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

I have the stock rider seat and it is plenty comfotable for me. Have driven 5 hours without any discomfort. My wife complained about the passengar seat so I bought the Passengar Touring Pillion. She says it's much better.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:25 PM
wingnutt
Road Master

I swapped out the stock seat for a Sundowner 3 days after I got the bike. Im not really to satisfied with the look of the Sundowner, its really wide. But it is pretty comfortable. I mainly use it when the wife goes out for a ride, and then swap to a gunfighter for the solo trips.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:03 PM
cjgrog
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have an '05 Deluxe and love the look of the seat. I sent it out to Americana Soft Seats, and they took off the seat cover, installed a gel pad in just the right spot, covered it all with memory foam, then put the cover back on. Can't tell anything was done to it by looking, but as soon as you sit on it, there's a BIG difference! I did a pretty long 4-day ride last month and no butt or back pain at all. If you're interested in looking up the site, go to http://www.americanasoftseats.com/

CJ

Old 10-08-2006, 12:01 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cjgrog

I have an '05 Deluxe and love the look of the seat. I sent it out to Americana Soft Seats, and they took off the seat cover, installed a gel pad in just the right spot, covered it all with memory foam, then put the cover back on. Can't tell anything was done to it by looking, but as soon as you sit on it, there's a BIG difference! I did a pretty long 4-day ride last month and no butt or back pain at all. If you're interested in looking up the site, go to http://www.americanasoftseats.com/

CJ
If I could get my stock Deluxe seat to be as comfortable as the Mustang, I'd swap back in a minute. I think I'll give your link a try. Thanks

Old 10-08-2006, 11:23 AM
AsahiToro
Advanced

What do you guys think of the leather Badlander seat? I'm thinking about swapping out the stock seat on my 07 Deuce for it with a small passenger backrest as well.

Thanks.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:10 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

had mine reworked....inch back and inch down

Old 10-08-2006, 03:17 PM
VetteSiNz
Tourer

I replace mine with Corbin Close Solo; and although I like it it, I still like the look of the OEM seat so I brought mine to the upholstery shop to get a new shape and facelift.

Quick Reply: Why Your Seat?