Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Lo ~ A Bike To Remember?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011 | 11:05 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheNameIs"B"
Northside is right. Black is the "thing" right now, but it will die down and people will change it up since "everyone has a blacked out ride" One thing with Harley is that the bikes still have a classic look to them. Enjoy what you have, but I doubt you need to worry about putting on too many miles or sealing it up in a glass case as a collector's item.
b
Well I don't disagree entirely, but we will see I guess. I don't see the black bikes everywhere I go and I go to rally's etc. also. I think we see a lot on this site, since there is a black bike section, but when I'm out riding I see a blacked out bike, maybe 1 in 20 bikes. Maybe it's just where I ride, but the blacked out bike is not everywhere I look.

With that said, It could be a fad. If it is, I'm right in the middle of it and I can tell you that when I'm on it, I get more looks and people walking up to it than I ever do with my chrome bike (which I love also). So actually I hope it's a fad and that everyone goes away from it, so that I can keep the general public entertained with one of the last black betty's. After all isn't this why we spend 1000's of dollars on our mods?

I don't know if it will be a classic, nor do I care. It would just be a bonus if it did.

Old 02-14-2011 | 11:06 AM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

Completely blacked out bikes may be a fad but black is a traditional harley color and I don't see it going out of style any time soon. To quote my Harley tee, "I'm only wearing black until they make something darker".

Old 02-14-2011 | 11:14 AM
cosmic tang
Intermediate

makes sense.

Old 02-14-2011 | 01:37 PM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Well I don't disagree entirely, but we will see I guess. I don't see the black bikes everywhere I go and I go to rally's etc. also. I think we see a lot on this site, since there is a black bike section, but when I'm out riding I see a blacked out bike, maybe 1 in 20 bikes. Maybe it's just where I ride, but the blacked out bike is not everywhere I look.

With that said, It could be a fad. If it is, I'm right in the middle of it and I can tell you that when I'm on it, I get more looks and people walking up to it than I ever do with my chrome bike (which I love also). So actually I hope it's a fad and that everyone goes away from it, so that I can keep the general public entertained with one of the last black betty's. After all isn't this why we spend 1000's of dollars on our mods?

I don't know if it will be a classic, nor do I care. It would just be a bonus if it did.
I am just speaking of the "Dark Custom" popularity of recent years. My night train was discontinued, but now more black parts are for sale for all models. Harley is in business to make money and they need to offer different colors or options to keep people changing things up or wanting the "new" bike. I bought the train because it didn't look like all the others, but as time goes by more bikes are getting darker. I think the Lo is great looking ride. Enjoy!

Old 02-14-2011 | 03:55 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheNameIs"B"
I am just speaking of the "Dark Custom" popularity of recent years. My night train was discontinued, but now more black parts are for sale for all models. Harley is in business to make money and they need to offer different colors or options to keep people changing things up or wanting the "new" bike. I bought the train because it didn't look like all the others, but as time goes by more bikes are getting darker. I think the Lo is great looking ride. Enjoy!
I see your point. Nice bike also!

Old 02-15-2011 | 06:04 PM
FatBoyLarry
Cruiser

Many modern Harley models are "bikes to remember". By the looks of the popularity of the Lo, it could join that club...and probably will IMO.

However, in a collectible sense...maybe not. Collectible usually means limited production, especially in terms of $$ value. Many times bikes that were not popular are more collectible for this reason.

We will see what the future holds for the Lo. Remember the RK Custom? It was not a high demand bike and soon got the axe. The clean look was in its time, but I believe the Street Glide killed it. (another "clean" bike, but with much more to offer the touring bike buyer) The Lo could meet the same fate...say, if WillieG came out with a clean...striped down Heritage model.

Meanwhile I'll enjoy the heck out of my Lo. Riding season is upon us here in NW Florida.

Old 02-15-2011 | 06:06 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
Dont forget the LO is the offspring of the Classic Icon .... The Fatboy .... so it has every chance of being a special bike .... But it will never inherit the crown ....

Well spoken indeed.

Old 02-16-2011 | 03:23 PM
razorback84
Road Master

Don't worry I feel like both of my bikes are classics or will be classic.

Old 02-18-2011 | 09:48 AM
SailorE
2nd Gear

I'll remember it. That's all I'm really worried about... though if a few pretty girls remember mine, that'd be nice.