Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Lo ~ A Bike To Remember?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011 | 11:51 AM
DrawDown
Road Master

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Good luck with your sled. This is where the mods never end site.
That aint no **** right there, this forum will have your *** eatin ramen noodles.

Old 02-13-2011 | 02:32 PM
Phatboy2010
Tourer

Originally Posted by DrawDown
That aint no **** right there, this forum will have your *** eatin ramen noodles.
Best quote yet......They aint bad either.....

Old 02-13-2011 | 06:47 PM
Northside
Road Warrior

Will the Fat Boy Lo be a classic? Well in my opinion.....Not in a million years! It's a fad bike. Black is the new chrome thing. If you like it. ride it, but make no mistake, it'll never be as collectable as an original 1990 Fat Boy. The fat tire look is already waning. Harley's latest Softy has a 140 rear tire. The blackout thing is cool now, but in 5 years it'll be as popular as **** carpet and Avacado refridgerators. To be a classic. it needs to be "timeless," and not reflect fads like blackout or fat tires. I own a cool blacked out Steetglide, but it'll be out of style in a few years and I accept that. I also own a pretty cool '02 Fatty but it won't be collectable either. I just ride them and enjoy them.

Old 02-13-2011 | 08:57 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Northside
Will the Fat Boy Lo be a classic? Well in my opinion.....Not in a million years! It's a fad bike. Black is the new chrome thing. If you like it. ride it, but make no mistake, it'll never be as collectable as an original 1990 Fat Boy. The fat tire look is already waning. Harley's latest Softy has a 140 rear tire. The blackout thing is cool now, but in 5 years it'll be as popular as **** carpet and Avacado refridgerators. To be a classic. it needs to be "timeless," and not reflect fads like blackout or fat tires. I own a cool blacked out Steetglide, but it'll be out of style in a few years and I accept that. I also own a pretty cool '02 Fatty but it won't be collectable either. I just ride them and enjoy them.

Old 02-13-2011 | 09:11 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Personally, my Lo pisses me off! All my other Harleys, there was so much to change, chrome to black and this and that. Except for some little things, this bike is what i want straight from the factory and it pisses me off. I cant believe i love this bike without doing any major mods. A classic, i think in the end, it depends on how the people who own one views it. For me, yes it will be a classic. Ride on.

Old 02-13-2011 | 09:28 PM
TNB
Road Master

Black is the new chrome thing. . . The blackout thing is cool now, but in 5 years . . .
Just like some other things, for example clothes. I know one girl who flew off to NYC and came back with all the latest fashions. Then I told her to go ask her mother what she wore when she was a teenager. Same old style. Then the daughter didn't want to wear clothes like her mother "used" to wear. "Styles" come and go just like some of the "retro" automobiles that are out now, based on models from the 60's and 70's.

That's also probably why it is better to "purchase" what one wants to purchase, instead of what Joe Blow purchased down the street. Personally, I like some chrome and some black. Why? Because then the chrome stands out unlike when I see too much chrome and with too much black, it all blends together about like as if it was all chrome. Of course, those are my personal tastes and that is what is nice about owning a Harley-Davidson--there are a lot of option parts available and if one actually takes the time to look, there are those subtle differences between most people's bikes.

Even some of the things that weren't "in style" become collector's items--why? Because they made a limited production run since nobody was buying them.

Old 02-13-2011 | 09:40 PM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer

Northside is right. Black is the "thing" right now, but it will die down and people will change it up since "everyone has a blacked out ride" One thing with Harley is that the bikes still have a classic look to them. Enjoy what you have, but I doubt you need to worry about putting on too many miles or sealing it up in a glass case as a collector's item.
b

Old 02-13-2011 | 09:44 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Like TNB said, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you mod it like you want it, its a classic for you. Dosnt matter what everybody else thinks.

Old 02-14-2011 | 04:12 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

Thanks Buzz Killington...

Old 02-14-2011 | 08:56 AM
Caseyx
Tourer

Originally Posted by Phatboy2010
Best quote yet......They aint bad either.....

No ****...I swear to god, it's the first post that I have read on this damn site that actually gave me an idea on how to save money!

I read a few posts last night and one of em is gonna cost me $1000.00.

JIMSFBL has to take a lot of the blame, at least, that's my excuse for now.

Quick Reply: Fatboy Lo ~ A Bike To Remember?