Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need advice on vance and hines

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Brawny MMC
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need advice on vance and hines

hey, my name is tom. as soon as the weather is nicer im putting pipes on my 2010 heritage.looking for it all, looks ,performance,and sound,have narroed it down to vance and hines longshots or the big shot staggered.i like the look of the longs,but heard about blueing.looking for the louder and the deeper sound of the 2.any imput would be great.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:32 AM
wildrooster
Tourer

The bss are loud as all get out even with the baffles in if loud is what you want the big shots are your champ

Old 02-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Brawny MMC
Tourer

ok thanks for your reply.if heard alot of different pipes on different bikes.hard to decied.want to stick with retro look though. thanks bo

Old 02-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Brawny MMC
Tourer

nice ride

Old 02-11-2011, 08:39 AM
wildrooster
Tourer

Its a work in progress that's an old pic adding new things by the moment

Old 02-11-2011, 09:14 AM
lhcycleinc
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tom, the big shot staggered would be my choice of the two. I think they sound better than the longshots. If you want the best performance its a 2 into 1 system. I have been a traditional staggered dual exhaust guy for 35 years. Never could get used to the 2 into 1 looks but after all the research I've done I had to try them on my 97 heritige. The smoothness & performance are better than any exhaust I've ever used. You could not pay me enough to take them off! RB Racing is the manufacturer. I suggest going to their website & they will give you all the technical data on why you should use a collector exhaust on a multicylinder engine. Good reading. Don't forget the air fuel mixture needs to be addressed. These motors are coming from H.D. running very lean & when you put a less restrictive exhaust on the motor needs more fuel. There are many fuel managment systems on the market for fuel injected bikes. I prefer the Power Commander but this technology is changing so fast the new stuff is going to be auto tuning. I don't like doing a Harley download because they are still working on the same lean peramiters & every time you change something that affects your air/fuel mixture you have to keep going back to them for another download & more cost. Once you install the power commander you or any competent mechanic can ajust your air/fuel mixture without going back to Harley. Enjoy, Ride safe, Fred.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 AM
ragrat64
Cruiser

I have had Longshots on my bike for 2 years now....No bluing, Baffles out, man they are loud....

Old 02-11-2011, 09:44 AM
strippedthread1
Advanced

Take a look at my profile, I have had the V&H's Drag pipes on mine for almost 6 years with no cosmetic issues at all. They look good, make great power and a great sound.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:51 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

BSS are going to perform better, and are a great selection. If you decide you want to quiet them down some, you can get the Quiet Baffles and replace the stockers... don't be misled, as they are still loud, but for me it was just the right amount of reduction.

Roger

Old 02-11-2011, 02:16 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Both are good pipes on the Heritage,, the longer BSL's will help a little with noise on the rear passenger if U do 2 up..
But U'll lose some Tq under 3k with the longer pipes..
Son had the BR's 2-2 on his 07 Deuce and then the BSL's on his 09 NT..
Having looked at his dyno sheets, he lost 17#'s of TQ under 3k, 87 vs 70 with the BSL's.

both of those bike had sert, cams and dyno tuned by same tuner at the same place.

both had SE 204's with the 4* advance gear. so they where as close to the same as possible without being the same bike...

If U ride between 2-3k rpms much I believe the BSS's would be my choice.
both have the cross over between the pipes to help scavenging..

As always bout any 2-1 would be better in perfromance but some just don't like the looks.

Quick Reply: need advice on vance and hines