Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Part Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 AM
jasonleahey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also not so worried about the power commander side as i am the auto tune side bec if i can change pipes today and aircleaner tomorrow and this thing dyno's it for me that would in the long run save me a truckload (traveling overseas alot requires the stock stuff to be put back on ) and at 200 - 400 a dyno session could cost me more than its worth

Old 02-11-2011, 09:08 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,755 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
Are you basically rude or is it a gift ..... give the guy a break he's asking a question ! ...
Oh, I'm sorry...

1. The "breathers" are a component of the intake system, which help prevent a buildup of crankcase pressure.
2. Give the guys at Fuel Moto a call. I would opt for the Power Vision, it's plug and play and you don't have to mount it to your bike. And it's adaptable for future mods.

I apologize if I've come across as insensitive, mean or rude. I thought I was responding to points made by the "OP", but apparently I was mistaken. Thank you ever so much for pointing out the error of my ways.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We all started somewhere ....

Old 02-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Kronin
Advanced

Originally Posted by hdgzr
2. Give the guys at Fuel Moto a call. I would opt for the Power Vision, it's plug and play and you don't have to mount it to your bike. And it's adaptable for future mods.
He can't use a Power Vision, at least not yet. It's not yet compatible with the 2011 Softails. An email from Fuel Moto estimated April or so.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:25 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kronin
He can't use a Power Vision, at least not yet. It's not yet compatible with the 2011 Softails. An email from Fuel Moto estimated April or so.
Thanks for the info. I'll give me longer to save up!

Old 02-11-2011, 11:57 AM
jasonleahey
Cruiser

ok just talked with power commander folks and im more confused ... again i am no gear head so he says i have to plug it into my computer and read the table etc etc and accept everything ... so then what is the advantage to buying this thing if i still have to understand air to fuel ratios or take it to the dyno ... and if this is the case is there anything I can physically plug in and let the part take care of remaping my bike and i never have to touch it ( as i will prob f it up more ) if i touch it

Old 02-11-2011, 12:03 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonleahey
ok just talked with power commander folks and im more confused ... again i am no gear head so he says i have to plug it into my computer and read the table etc etc and accept everything ... so then what is the advantage to buying this thing if i still have to understand air to fuel ratios or take it to the dyno ... and if this is the case is there anything I can physically plug in and let the part take care of remaping my bike and i never have to touch it ( as i will prob f it up more ) if i touch it
Then don't do it???

Old 02-11-2011, 12:36 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jasonleahey
Your statement above sheds more light on my first post to you. My suggestion would be to take it to a local dyno tuner who comes highly recommended by other riders and whom you are comfortable with. Have him install your fuel management system and dyno tune it. Pay your money and ride away. If you do future mods to the engine, exhaust or air, take it back to him for adjustment. This may be the most effective and worry-free solution for you. Enjoy your ride.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 PM
jasonleahey
Cruiser

well my thought is why buy the thing if dyno can set the factory cpu to work with the new pipes and air cleaner

Old 02-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Goodnight77
Cruiser

Quick Reply: 2 Part Question