Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Solo vs Mustang Sport Vintage Solo

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:52 AM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C&C Solo vs Mustang Sport Vintage Solo

I don't necessarily need a full comparison of these two seats. I'm more interested in the rider's position. I'm 5'6" with a 29" inseam so I won't be winning any slam dunk contests. I'm looking for a solo seat with backrest and a removable passenger pillion to add when my wife rides along.

I tried the Mustang Vintage Sport Solo and it seems to set me up an inch or two and slightly back. It also spreads my legs apart at my inner thighs. Even with my bike lowered where I usually ride it I'm not flat footed.

I don't have acces to a C&C Solo so does anybody know how this seat compares to the Mustang (rider position)? Also, does anyone have experience with the C&C passenger seats? I noticed on their website they seem to have some more options than they used to on the passenger seats (other than just suction cup pads). I'm going to call them tomorrow and discuss some options and pricing but I wanted to try and get some feedback from actual Softail riders.

I've come to the conclusion that there isn't a seat made that will fit me perfectly out of the box given my gifted physique. Once I decide on the seat the next stop will be Mean City for a custom fit. I've had alot of injuries so comfort is very important to me and often dictates my time in the saddle. I'm sure the Mustang seat would be fine after Mean City but I like the looks of the C&C and the fact I can choose materials, patterns, etc.

Thanks for you help!

Ride On and Ride Safe!

Old 02-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Wild-deuce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 01 deuce that I had a solo C & C seat made for it. The seat looks great. They do excellent work. This seat sits low and seats you back some. I can only compare this to the stock seat. The seating me back some is to my likings. I didn't get the pass. seat which is the suction cup type. Not sure how safe those are. The comfort on this seat is not the best. Was ruff while braking it in. It starts to work on me to where I have to move around once an a while at about 80-90 miles. I live with it. I like the looks big time.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:10 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

The C&C solo and sport tour seats are not designed for long distances, although it depends on the rider as I've seen some claim to do several hundred miles at a time. For me, now that my solo is broken in (yes, it takes time to break in any seat) I can use it for about 100 miles straight before I get butt fatigue.

I also have the sport tour for riding with the wife, and we've done a few pretty long runs with it and have probably about the same range - maybe 100 miles before having to stop and stretch.

Neither are what I consider "touring" seats for us, and when we're on longer rides we use the Mustang wide and can go for very long distances.

As far as ride position - both of the C&C seats put you down and back, and make you feel like you're sitting in, not on, the bike. The Mustang puts you up, seems about the same position as the stock seat did if I recall correctly, but it does feel like you're sitting in the saddle also, but on the bike if that makes sense?

Be sure you check this as thoroughly as you can and try to get the right seat for you the first time out if possible, as this is one of those areas it is easy to make the wrong decision based on wrong information and end up with a small collection of expensive seats before you get what you really need/want.

Good luck!
Roger

Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does anyone knwo where C&C seats are made?

Old 02-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Triple M
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same vertical problem you do. On my last bike I put the Mustang Vintage Sport on and it did not work for me. Before that I had the Mustang vintage and it was wider at the nose which caused more problems. I don't know anything about C&C. I did buy the super reduced seat from Harley and it works perfect for me.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Last edited by Triple M; 02-11-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:15 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The C&C solo will set you down and back. I'd say 1-2" lower and 1-2" back. Add that drivers backrest which I almost got for mine and it is pure heaven. Mustangs usually put you forward and are known to leave you rather high in the saddle. If you wait until a major rally when they are in town they will let you borrow a seat to try on your bike.

Drew

Old 02-11-2011, 01:20 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
The C&C solo will set you down and back. I'd say 1-2" lower and 1-2" back. Add that drivers backrest which I almost got for mine and it is pure heaven. Mustangs usually put you forward and are known to leave you rather high in the saddle. If you wait until a major rally when they are in town they will let you borrow a seat to try on your bike.

Drew
Is the C&C backrest adjustable?

Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

C & C seats are made out in L.A. (Paramount) Ca.

Give Chuck a call he can probably explain the differences between his seat and a Mustang. It is my understanding that he used to work with Mustang.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:31 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by XARAN
C & C seats are made out in L.A. (Paramount) Ca.

Give Chuck a call he can probably explain the differences between his seat and a Mustang. It is my understanding that he used to work with Mustang.

I've talked to Chuck several times today and right now I'm leaning heavily towards the C&C seat.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:03 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 447 Likes on 309 Posts

I think all mustang seats set you up about an inch or so. I don't know if it's because of the foam or how there made. I set my badlander next to my tripper seat and they look about the same height so maybe the foam is denser in the mustang and doesn't compress as much.

I had the same problem as you with the Mustang Vintage seat. Hopefully the Tripper will be a better fit, as mentioned buying these seats gets expensive.

Quick Reply: C&C Solo vs Mustang Sport Vintage Solo