Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Video) Ooops no again, Yamaha Star Stryker vs. Harley Davidson Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:21 PM
3n31h3m
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking (Video) Ooops no again, Yamaha Star Stryker vs. Harley Davidson Rocker C

Ooops no again , its Yamaha Star Stryker 2011 vs Harley Davidson Rocker C reviewed by motorcycle USA
article :
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/10/884...-Stryker-.aspx

video link :
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1019/M...son-Video.aspx

in my opinion rocker c still the best...

Please, what do you think about it??

Thanks a lot guys...

Last edited by 3n31h3m; 02-10-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:09 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a kind of love-hate thing with the Rocker. I really like the long, lean agressive look it has but cannot get past the gap between the seat and fender. That is one of those "What were they thinking?" moments for me. Now some of the Rockers on here with the Heartland kits...well lets just say, there are some sweet lookin Rockers on this forum. To me, that's what the Rocker should have looked like from Harley.

The Star Stryker is a really nice bike. A 40 degree rake, ample power, lots of styling, and it looks very comfortable (comfirmed by the test). I think it's a home run for Yamaha.

Which one would I buy? That all depends.

If money were no object, it's the Rocker for sure. Slap on a Heartland kit, a Shotgun Shock (tester stated it rode like a rigid frame), and few other choice mods and that would be one sweet scoot!
If money was a factor (as it always is, especially with todays economy). I would have to go with the Stryker. At $8500 less I could mod or replace about anything that gave me the slightest pause and still have plenty of gas money.

Now before my fellow hdforum brothers start thrashing me bear in mind, my assessment so far has been from an economical and somewhat common sense stand point.

When it's all said and done a Harley just has that "IT" factor so I'm a Harley Man ALL THE WAY!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 AM
3n31h3m
5th Gear

Originally Posted by harleyheaven
I've got a kind of love-hate thing with the Rocker. I really like the long, lean agressive look it has but cannot get past the gap between the seat and fender. That is one of those "What were they thinking?" moments for me. Now some of the Rockers on here with the Heartland kits...well lets just say, there are some sweet lookin Rockers on this forum. To me, that's what the Rocker should have looked like from Harley.

The Star Stryker is a really nice bike. A 40 degree rake, ample power, lots of styling, and it looks very comfortable (comfirmed by the test). I think it's a home run for Yamaha.

Which one would I buy? That all depends.

If money were no object, it's the Rocker for sure. Slap on a Heartland kit, a Shotgun Shock (tester stated it rode like a rigid frame), and few other choice mods and that would be one sweet scoot!
If money was a factor(as it always is, especially with todays economy). I would have to go with the Stryker. At $8500 less I could mod or replace about anything that gave me the slightest pause and still have plenty of gas money.

Now before my fellow hdforum brothers start thrashing me bear in mind, my assessment so far has been from an economical and somewhat common sense stand point.

When it's all said and done a Harley just has that "IT" factor so I'm a Harley Man ALL THE WAY!
Thanks for share

If money were no object, I would love to have both of them

Last edited by 3n31h3m; 02-11-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Thumbs up

It's pretty obvious which I think is the winner.
I installed the Shotgun shocks and Danny Gray seat. BR Lighting Bolt bars and you won't see many like it.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:00 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

5 posts??

Old 02-11-2011, 01:13 AM
3n31h3m
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Kowan
It's pretty obvious which I think is the winner.
I installed the Shotgun shocks and Danny Gray seat. BR Lighting Bolt bars and you won't see many like it.
Coool i like that Danny Gray seat

Photo of my rocker c :

Old 02-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Have you thought of frenching in the plate or relocating it to the side?

Old 02-11-2011, 01:31 AM
3n31h3m
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Kowan
Have you thought of frenching in the plate or relocating it to the side?
yes absolutely, i heard the cost was $615 ..

Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 AM
3n31h3m
5th Gear

Originally Posted by kiwideuce
5 posts??

oh yess ..

Old 02-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

I no likie labor costs so I do my own. Saves money for more mods.
I just used a Ford HD model's emblem to hide the holes left in the fender after installing a Roto-plate.

Getting the holes welded up and repainted would be the cleanest, but costs more.
Or as some have done, chop the fender.

Quick Reply: (Video) Ooops no again, Yamaha Star Stryker vs. Harley Davidson Rocker C