Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Video) Ooops no again, Yamaha Star Stryker vs. Harley Davidson Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:25 PM
07Fatty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGdawg
It looks like H-D agreed with the magazine. They canceled the Rocker.
Oh my

Old 02-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Bodis22
Cruiser

Well as long as Harley made it long enough for a few of us to get our hands on one, fine by me. It will just be that much more rare and valuable someday.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:36 PM
felixsum
Tourer

Who cares that it got canceled. Many good looking bikes have been, the crossbones, the electra glide, the fat bob(at various times), and others that have been revived as well. I don't place any stock in the idea that it wasn't selling. If you like your bike who cares, those of us who ride don't.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:08 PM
purecountry13b
Tourer

At the end of the article they said the Yamaha won, but when asked, the people testing the bikes would both chose the Rocker if they had a choice between the bikes. Plastic bikes suck.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:11 PM
felixsum
Tourer

Plastic is no good for bikes and *****.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

Well, I saw the Yamaha last week and, well, my first thought was that it was a custom, from the stretch of the frame, maybe a few other parts. Overall, a clean looking ride.

But the more I looked, the more I realized it was stock, ugly *** grey wheels (skinny one in the back too) and a lot of plastic. The guy had done a good job of removing a lot of the OEM badges. Then I saw another later that day and we asked the rider about it, and sure enough, it was a stocker.

In my search for the perfect HD for myself last year, I did look at the Rocker quite a bit and with the 20+ minutes I spent checking out the 2 Yamahas last weekend, the Rocker has it beat handsdown. Too many cheap looking parts on the Yamaha, well, at least compared to the HD. There are odd gaps around the frame. The back tire was way to skinny for my taste. I did like the bars...a lot could be done with that bike, but at the very least, new rims and a wider rear.

Yeah, I know you could do that and still be cheaper than the Rocker, but the bike would only be worth something to the owner, it would depreciate faster in the first day than the Heartland kit for the Rocker.

Just my 2 cents

Old 02-11-2011, 02:52 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Don't get me wrong. I'm a Harley guy all the way. I just won't be losing any sleep with the Rocker being axed.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Neither will I. I have mine and other than reading forum members views on the Rocker, I've never heard anything but praise from those who vocalize their opinion about my bike.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:23 PM
DocJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, we have all known H-D is going to discontinue both the Rocker and Cross-Bones for 2012. Meaning, something awesome must be in the works. And, no...the Blackline is not it. Can't wait to find out what it is!

Anyway, I'm surprised that there is only an $8500 difference between the two bikes. As another poster stated, the comparison isn't even equivalent. Looking at the review, it seemed the actual testers liked the Rocker more than the Yamaha. If that is the case, why does a price difference determine a winner? Oh, well...I still think the Yamaha is a rip-off. I'd take the H-D every time!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:30 PM
fsanzone
Intermediate
Default Reality Check -Asian Bikes are Superior

I have owned all sizes and makes of bikes ... with the exception of a bagger. I hope to add a touring bike to the garage in the next couple of years.

I have been near brankruptcy and, at other times in my life, very comfortable When money was tight, I enjoyed my Yamaha, Triumph and Honda. In fact I really miss my 69 Bonneville. Frequently my old friends and I share memories of our "rice burners" which were markedly superior to Harley Davidsons based on every quantative measurement.

I am lucky and, at this stage of my life, I could buy just about any scooter I wanted.

Not many people would miss the fact that a Yahaha is a lot less expensive. They would have to be blind not to notice how well the Honda is put together.

Even the novice biker would appreciate the superior ride of the Kawasaki.

BUT THEY ARE NOT HARLEYS !!!

If I was going to be pragramatic about every decision I made, I would have never made love to and married a beautiful woman. Its cheaper to get a hooker. I would have missed raising my kids, tasting a fine wine, not allowed Jack Daniels to cross my lips, visited Yellowstone, bellied up to a blackjack table, visited an amusement park, or done many of the other things that make life worth living.

A Harley Davidson is not a machine. It is an experience that only a Harley owner can appreciate.

Last edited by fsanzone; 02-11-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Quick Reply: (Video) Ooops no again, Yamaha Star Stryker vs. Harley Davidson Rocker C