Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLIGHTLY disappointed Cyclevisions Baggertail

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:17 AM
ragrat64
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLIGHTLY disappointed Cyclevisions Baggertail

Notice how I said slightly...

Love the way the bags look on the bike, however, was told that I need to replace my turn signal bar with one off a Streetglide? I am assuming they mean harley part # 68615-04, and I can tell you, there is no way this bar is going to fit. there is no room, Roadking Classic bags are mounted as per instructions, they are as far forward as they can go.

It just seems that every time I attempt to make an improvement to the bike, I have to change a bunch of other stuff just to make it work.

Anyone have any pictures of this kit on with Roadking Classic leather bags and an actual Streetglide lightbar on it? I would like to see it..

Attached Thumbnails SLIGHTLY disappointed Cyclevisions Baggertail-bagger.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:27 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive never seen any bikes with their kit rockin the leather bags bro not even at the shop. I think they were made for hard bags but i dunno

Old 02-10-2011, 08:34 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts

It just seems that every time I attempt to make an improvement to the bike, I have to change a bunch of other stuff just to make it work.
Boy, ain't that the truth.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

I really don't know anything about bags.But they do look really nice on your scoot. Good Luck.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:46 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I have those bags. there are several other options available to you. You can get Alloy Art strut mount LED signals or a Cycle visions Eliminator which is what I run. I had teh eliminator before I did the bags so it was not an issue for me. Here i s a pic of mine. I can get you either one so you can finish everything up.

The Alloy art marker lights mount flush on the end of the struts. They come in red LED or orange LED. The lenses ont ehm are smoked. they are a nice choice as well. The Cycle Visions mounts work perfect for the leather bag mounts as the leather bags and the hard bags mount exactly the same, but I guess the leather bags stick out a little further to the back than the hard bags. When I talk to Cycle Visions I'll let them know about the mistake in their literature.
http://www.drvtwin.com/eshopprod_cat...MINATOR174.htm

http://www.drvtwin.com/eshopprod_cat...UT_LED_MAR.htm

Drew

Drew

Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you looked at this relocation kit?
Harley-Davidson® Layback License TS Relocation 60215-06
http://www.houseofharleyonline.com/p...-60215-06.aspx
I did mine with this bracket.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROM...Q5fAccessories

Old 02-10-2011, 09:24 AM
ragrat64
Cruiser

TLB- thanks for the input, that is one I had not seen.

Drew, I love the way the Eliminator looks on the back of yours, covers the holes for the old light bar, I see you have a polished piece for the old platemount. My problem, like I stated, is throwing more money at something just to get it to look right. 300.00 plus dollars for their eliminator kit is a bit pricey, if you ask me. I was kind of leaning towards putting Black powdercoated bolts in the fender holes for the existing lightbar, and running Cyclevision Baglights in the bags, but 250.00 for Two LED lights, plus load equalizer to make the signals work? I hope you guys can see my frustration, I paid 300.00 for the bags, 250.00 for the baggertail, I really do not want to be up around a grand to get this to look right....Paul Yaffe has spade looking billet lights for bags, but 450.00 ? As for the LED lights for the end of the struts, again, cost of the lights, plus equalizer for making the signals work, And I would really like to have alot of light coming off the back because we all know the way most cagers love to pay attention.

Any thing like a Cyclevisions baglite, only cheaper and maybe halogen???

Old 02-10-2011, 09:27 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Not really really anything cheaper. Harley stuff is expensive. I feel your pain. I am at about the same amount as you just for the bags. Do one thing at a time when you have the cash. Look through the classifieds here and maybe you will find what you need.

Drew

Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,750 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by ragrat64
Any thing like a Cyclevisions baglite, only cheaper and maybe halogen???
Would anything like this work?
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...n-signals.html

Old 02-10-2011, 10:08 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

That would do the trick too!

Drew

Quick Reply: SLIGHTLY disappointed Cyclevisions Baggertail