Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLIGHTLY disappointed Cyclevisions Baggertail

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:11 AM
ragrat64
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HDGZR- That might just be the ticket, if it will hold up and not burn out LEDS like crazy..

Thanks guys for the assistance I am maybe leaning towards that D2MOTO light, and maybe a small pair of bullets between the bags.....

I will post a picture when I sort this out in my crazy head.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:21 AM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was in the same boat when I did my conversion, using RK custom bags. These are some of the options I looked at

http://www.auto-gem.com/ the deringer seems to be popular to use to fix the problem

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/330-101 this is kinda the same that I went with. Picked mine up at a swap meet though so not sure on make.

I have also seen where guys have taken the front signals and cut the nut down and used those in the rear most hole on strut. That is the cheapest. I did mock mine up like that and was going to do it until found the combo unit at a good price. If you want to try this let me know I have some extra front signals. Also check craigslist for used streetglide rear turn signals. I know they are always on Milwaukee Craigslist for 50 bucks. I could not go that route cause I dont have the dimpled fender. Good luck, and I agree cyclevisions wants way to much money. They should sell it all as a kit for less.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 flstfise
I was in the same boat when I did my conversion, using RK custom bags. These are some of the options I looked at
http://www.auto-gem.com/ the deringer seems to be popular to use to fix the problem
That's what I'm using now. The amber LED Deringer LED's look good tucked in on the struts. Drawback is you have to get a load equilizer.

I haven't quite written off the Bullet Signal Light kit that's standard on the Street Glides yet. When I measured a set up and compared that to the classic bag set up with Bagger Tails, they might just squeek bye.
Might be worth a trip down to the local dealership to see if they have a damaged set sitting around to mock up before investing in a new set.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:52 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I have those bags. there are several other options available to you. You can get Alloy Art strut mount LED signals or a Cycle visions Eliminator which is what I run. I had teh eliminator before I did the bags so it was not an issue for me. Here i s a pic of mine. I can get you either one so you can finish everything up.

The Alloy art marker lights mount flush on the end of the struts. They come in red LED or orange LED. The lenses ont ehm are smoked. they are a nice choice as well. The Cycle Visions mounts work perfect for the leather bag mounts as the leather bags and the hard bags mount exactly the same, but I guess the leather bags stick out a little further to the back than the hard bags. When I talk to Cycle Visions I'll let them know about the mistake in their literature.
http://www.drvtwin.com/eshopprod_cat...MINATOR174.htm

http://www.drvtwin.com/eshopprod_cat...UT_LED_MAR.htm

Drew

Drew
Looking at the gap between the bag and fender on drews bike. I mean to me there appears to be enough room to put the touring rear light bar on there. That looks like just as much distance as my heritage bags have on the cyclevision quick release setup and I run a touring bar on the back of mine. Maybe the picture is deceiving?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:02 AM
noridinsavage
Cruiser

Im using the shorter version of the touring light bar and it's supposed to clear. I have a standard touring light bar (no signals) if you pay the shipping I will give it to you.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:05 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,750 Likes on 798 Posts

Here's another option, and the good Doctor may be able to offer a price break!
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/158...cea-Taillights

Old 02-10-2011, 11:44 AM
ragrat64
Cruiser

Yeah the looks are kind of deceiving, I went to the local Stealership and looked at a streetglide bar, and it looks like it would be close, but then when I rough measure the dimensions, there is no way. That is why I am looking for someone who has done this with the Roadking leather bags and a Streetglide lightbar..Someone show me a picture, I have seen the streetglide bar with HARD bags, but not leather.

NORIDINSAVAGE- you have a picture of your setup? I looked at the shortest bar (8.25") instead of my 13" stock, and the bar would fit, but with no lights on end...

Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Daddy-O
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The easybrackets relo may work. Might interfere with the lids opening though. Hard to tell.

It's about $90 with the lay-down plate mount. Here's a picture of it on my Fat Boy.

Attached Thumbnails SLIGHTLY disappointed Cyclevisions Baggertail-img_6995.jpg  

Last edited by Daddy-O; 02-10-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ragrat64, your bags appear to be set back farther than the others I have seen. This may be to the year of bike you have. I have no experience with the struts off an early 1990's bike. I am wondering if you have the same spacing on holes as the 2000 models do??? If yours are different, that maybe why your bags sit farther back than Drews and others I have seen.

Can anyone help him out with this issue???

Old 02-10-2011, 01:28 PM
ragrat64
Cruiser

Looking at Drews bike, I really do not see mine sitting back farther. Again, looks are deceiving.
Looking at a 68615-04 Lightbar, you would think it would fit. Anyone have one laying around they want to send me, and if it fits, I'll pay ya :-) ?

I maybe could move the bags 1/4" farther forward, tops, to gain and inch or so that I would need to mount a bar, I would need to refab the whole damn thing, not what I spent 250.00 to do.

I kind of hashed this picture together, to try to get an idea of spacing between the mount holes to the back of the Bullet, and I cannot honestly say it will fit.

Attached Thumbnails SLIGHTLY disappointed Cyclevisions Baggertail-cdomilgewk-kgrhqyokige0nlo3f8hbnpm0wy4bq-_12.jpg  

Quick Reply: SLIGHTLY disappointed Cyclevisions Baggertail