Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vee ruber 120 70 21

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I have the Vee on my softail and it is what it is. It is not super white. It handles fine in my book and I do plenty of canyon carving but I do not ride this bike in the rain so I cannot comment on that. The diamond back tires look much nicer. The tire that is on the bike now was super white when I put it on but has faded to a bit of a yellowish color. I am sure if used some bleche white on it it would get whiter but I really don;t care. I am still afraid bleche white will damage my rims somehow.

My bike is not a show bike either so it is what it is but next time I'll ****** up a diamond back for the front of mine as well. I bought a stack of the Vee rubber tires and I think I still have two left but I'll let them sit and do diamond back.

I have a buddy who brings his bike to the shop who has the Vee and it is super bright white and he uses the bleche white on it. So, results may vary. Regardless, it is what it is and you get what you pay for. I figure a diamond back will last me at least a year with the riding I do so I'll try them out. Even at cost for me they are still outrageous but with all the money I have spent on my softail why the hell not.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Bigpoppa_Junior
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nikonf8
I had a terrible time with a vee rubber tire i bought from ride wright they sent me a crappy tire jaggit edge on the white wall tire was not seated correctly and the tube was pinched all this from ride wright who charges just about double for there wheels and then ships you something that should have never left the shop. To top this off the people here on the forum have a habbit of removing your posts when you bash a sponsor which is totally wrong. I laid down the facts which were all true and they removed my post. I believe other members have a right to know how some of us get treated like dirt. There is no way my post should have been removed i checked for over an hour and its gone this is censorship and should not be allowed by the forum. we have the right to let members know our experience with these dealers so they can make an educated purchase. The vee rubber tire i got from Ride Wright was a piece of crap and they were charging me $300 for it. I sent it back and they broke my ***** and half stepped on a refund. I got one but not from them from the dealer i went through when i made the purchase check this link its all thats left from my posts ride wright said i was the only one complaning check the tire and the poll over 90 out of 100 said they would not accept the tire so i guess ride Wright is full of it

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...de-wright.html
That sux man! I got my wheels and vee rubber tires from ride wright and everything arrived in perfect condition and shipped fast. Sux you had a bad experience with them but I doubt that is a frequent problem with them.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
The Vee is a second rate tire. Mine rides good and is wearing good. I dont ride much in the rain but i havent dumped it yet. Its not as white as the DB tires but i dont clean my tires much either...its no show bike. All that being said mine has been decent but who knows what you would get. Maybe mine was the best one they ever made lol
Cheers I appreciate the info

Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bigpoppa_Junior
I put the bee rubber 21' on my rkc and love it. I didn't lower front end at all. Just put the front wheel on and handles great in rain or shine even at high speed.
Thanks for the input...

Your bike looks killer too

Old 12-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Hogpro
I have the Vee on my softail and it is what it is. It is not super white. It handles fine in my book and I do plenty of canyon carving but I do not ride this bike in the rain so I cannot comment on that. The diamond back tires look much nicer. The tire that is on the bike now was super white when I put it on but has faded to a bit of a yellowish color. I am sure if used some bleche white on it it would get whiter but I really don;t care. I am still afraid bleche white will damage my rims somehow.

My bike is not a show bike either so it is what it is but next time I'll ****** up a diamond back for the front of mine as well. I bought a stack of the Vee rubber tires and I think I still have two left but I'll let them sit and do diamond back.

I have a buddy who brings his bike to the shop who has the Vee and it is super bright white and he uses the bleche white on it. So, results may vary. Regardless, it is what it is and you get what you pay for. I figure a diamond back will last me at least a year with the riding I do so I'll try them out. Even at cost for me they are still outrageous but with all the money I have spent on my softail why the hell not.
Thanks mate. I'm really not looking for it to be super bright with what I'm putting together anyway. I'm more concerned that it rides well & handles well

Cheers
Dan

Old 12-05-2012, 06:11 AM
Bigpoppa_Junior
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker_Dan
Thanks for the input...

Your bike looks killer too
Thx man I luv the 03 anni editions. If you want to some closer pics of the front tire check out my garage pics. White wall stay pretty bight for me and all I use is ww cleaner like once a month. Zero flaws in my ww too so not sure what ppl are talking about with that.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker_Dan
Thanks mate. I'm really not looking for it to be super bright with what I'm putting together anyway. I'm more concerned that it rides well & handles well

Cheers
Dan
Mine rides fine. Been running a Vee for years without issue.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 AM
ACRblaze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hogpro
Mine rides fine. Been running a Vee for years without issue.
Good to know, I have a Vee sitting in the shop now and the whitewall looks very white. I am just waiting on the wheel to arrive.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Scootluver
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on Vee being second rate. Buddy ordered his Vee 21 and the Whitewall was horrible. Jagged
ends on the Whitewall and small blotches of black on the whitewall. He said screw it and ran with it and after 3 months it's already turning yellowish. Based on his experience I ended up going with Tab at diamondback. Yea more expensive but I figure u pay a premium for nicer tires. Got avons with their whitewalls. I might be able to deal with the yellowish with bleaching and whiteners and putting in a little elbow work but the jagged edge of the whitewalls coupled with the fact that at different places the whitewall was not even at all. Hopefully this was an isolated incident but enough to turn me away. I'm really hoping that these manufacturers get on the ball and realize there is a growing market for the 21 whitewall front tire. I have it twofold cuz I'm also running a 18 inch rear whitewall tire.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:32 AM
ACRblaze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering how long ago people bought the Vee and if the tire has improved, I saw mine mounted in the shop yesterday and they are bright white with no spots. I was impressed and I hope I am with the ride quality also.

Quick Reply: vee ruber 120 70 21