Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fat spokes

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:39 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts
Default fat spokes

I just ordered my wheels from KC International. Mamoth 21x3.5 front, 16x3.5 rear, with matching rotors. I just got my vee rubber 120-70/21 ww. Sick tire. Bigger than I thought. (running heavy duty tubes in these wheels to prevent leaks that most have) I am running these on an 07 deluxe. A question I have is, i am hearing some negative on fit. Is the stock spacer width going to work with these wheels ? (Im going to run chrome spacers). Also I am going to get the pully powder coated gloss black to match the bike. Is the spacing on the pully going to work without ordering spacers?
I just hope this doesnt turn into a science project from all the issues i am hearing. Good price though

Old 02-06-2011, 09:55 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know about them bro, but a bit of advice on the vee rubber a lot of cats said they are off white, so before i mounted it i went to foot locker and got some white sneaker paint and gave it a couple of go arounds they are whiter then ever and i havent had to paint them again since i just wash them like a regular white wall

Old 02-06-2011, 10:09 PM
t stone
Road Master

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
I dont know about them bro, but a bit of advice on the vee rubber a lot of cats said they are off white, so before i mounted it i went to foot locker and got some white sneaker paint and gave it a couple of go arounds they are whiter then ever and i havent had to paint them again since i just wash them like a regular white wall
My tire came with some kind of blue sh#t on the white wall. What is the technique to remove that ? I will keep that in mind if the white is antique white. The guy that I purchased this from in so cal told me that they are a brighter white now. Well see. How is that tire holding up ? How was it to balance ? I am thinking of running the beads in the tire instead of the ugly stick ons.
thanks for the advise.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:15 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Is it a DNA pulley? If so you need a 9/16" pulley spacer that you can get from Vulcan works. IF it a stock pulley you should be fine.

Drew

Old 02-06-2011, 10:36 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I used the stock spacers (the chrome ones that came with my frontend) on my 06. i used the DNA super spoke pulley with a 1/2" spacer, but the 07s may be different.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:46 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I could be wrong on my measurement of the spacer. It has been a while. I thought it was 9/16". I remember that is what Harleyjoe03 used with his DNA's, but he has an 03.

Drew

Old 02-06-2011, 11:08 PM
SMF
Banned

Originally Posted by t stone
my tire came with some kind of blue sh#t on the white wall. What is the technique to remove that ? I will keep that in mind if the white is antique white. The guy that i purchased this from in so cal told me that they are a brighter white now. Well see. How is that tire holding up ? How was it to balance ? I am thinking of running the beads in the tire instead of the ugly stick ons.
Thanks for the advise.

you mind if i ask where you got it? Im in so cal also and need to find a supplier. Just wash the blue out with soapie water. But i would wait till you mount them because the blue stuff is so you dont scuff up the white wall during install.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:17 PM
t stone
Road Master

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
you mind if i ask where you got it? Im in so cal also and need to find a supplier. Just wash the blue out with soapie water. But i would wait till you mount them because the blue stuff is so you dont scuff up the white wall during install.
Get a hold of Matt at mob choppers in so cal. 909-9129-993. or failuremc@gmail.com. I did a lot of checking around and he was the only guy that had any in stock and that knew anything about this tire. Now I am just waiting for my wheels. I just got my DG butt crack flames. Nice quality and it looks BAD #SS.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:20 PM
t stone
Road Master

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Is it a DNA pulley? If so you need a 9/16" pulley spacer that you can get from Vulcan works. IF it a stock pulley you should be fine.

Drew

Thanks Drew, I am going to use the OEM pully. I am getting it powder coated gloss black to match the color of my bike. Black and chrome nothing else.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:11 PM
SMF
Banned

Thats sick bro! I want to load up on tires incase they get harder to find because these tires handle great

Quick Reply: fat spokes