Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fat spokes

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats how KC is, Ive bought 3 sets of rims from them and it usually takes 2 weeks to get them in. But they always come through, great looking wheels. Im goin to order fat spokes from KC in 2 weeks. Prob gonna be like dirty and it be nice weather and not able to ride, cause my bike will be in pieces, Damn it

Old 02-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Dirty Fxstd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CountryDeluxe
Thats how KC is, Ive bought 3 sets of rims from them and it usually takes 2 weeks to get them in. But they always come through, great looking wheels. Im goin to order fat spokes from KC in 2 weeks. Prob gonna be like dirty and it be nice weather and not able to ride, cause my bike will be in pieces, Damn it
yeah im kind of glad ram is doing that mod before me, maybe everything will go smoothly for him and he can fill me in on the little things. (like spacing) hint hint!! haha

Old 02-08-2011, 05:59 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Fxstd
yeah im kind of glad ram is doing that mod before me, maybe everything will go smoothly for him and he can fill me in on the little things. (like spacing) hint hint!! haha
Dirty, I just cant believe these wheels dont come with all the proper spacers for a direct bolt on mod. They sell a **** load of wheels and its like trying to reinvent the wheel to figure out the spacing. I dont get it. When you order these wheels they ask you what bike is it going on. Why would they ask that if you have to get the wheels do a mock up on the bike and then order the proper spacers.????

Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Dirty Fxstd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t stone
Dirty, I just cant believe these wheels dont come with all the proper spacers for a direct bolt on mod. They sell a **** load of wheels and its like trying to reinvent the wheel to figure out the spacing. I dont get it. When you order these wheels they ask you what bike is it going on. Why would they ask that if you have to get the wheels do a mock up on the bike and then order the proper spacers.????
I completely agree with you, one thing i am hoping for with that spacer is it centering my rear wheel, in the middle of the fender, if it was center i could run that 160 avon, otherwise it rubs on the left side. hopefully spacers can fix that. i understand i may have to shave the caliper a little though.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Fxstd
lol good answer bro, did you order any spacers for your pullys or anything, ive been reading all kinds of stuff on those rims, but i cant find anyone w them on a bike like ours. Trying to get all my stuff in order before i order them. almost went with some PM rims, but its real tough to beat the price of those DNA's. I am ready to get back in the us so i can start putting mine together, its gonna suck when the nice weather hits and i dont have this thing up. got a pretty bad *** rear fender to throw on it, and some 16" apes, i ordered some different ones that i havent seen on an fx front end yet.
Nope no spacers . Im keeping the stock pullys so my spacers will work .. hopefully

Old 02-08-2011, 06:43 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior

And from what im told from KC , is that if you run stock pullys the stock spacers will work . The rim is the same as the stock . Pullys are where it gets tricky .

Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

fat spokes-09-deluxe-09-005.jpg
Originally Posted by ramhunter9
And from what im told from KC , is that if you run stock pullys the stock spacers will work . The rim is the same as the stock . Pullys are where it gets tricky .
Maybe something changed up because i used a stock pulley with my DNA fat spoked wheels and i needed new spacers lathed... My rear wheel was off by about 1/2" ... and i needed new spacers lathed so my wheel would be centered to run a 157mm Avon venom tire.... strange! My bike was done at a HD dealer also.

notice the stock pulley with DNA's.... older set-up before my SS pulley
Click image for larger version

Name:	09 deluxe 09 005.jpg
Views:	5294
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	165602

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 02-08-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:13 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior

Might be the difference from FXST to your bike ... i dunno , but Brock told me no spacers needed on my FXST .... if he is wrong im going to be pissed off because I have no idea where to get spacers

Old 02-08-2011, 08:24 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
Might be the difference from FXST to your bike ... i dunno , but Brock told me no spacers needed on my FXST .... if he is wrong im going to be pissed off because I have no idea where to get spacers
LoL.... i hear you man.... hope it does work out for you... and looken forward to seeing those pics also.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:26 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Also the rear end does change around in 08+

Quick Reply: fat spokes