Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTS Mastertune, is it really that difficult?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 09:35 PM
ticket2ride
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTS Mastertune, is it really that difficult?

I am looking a buying the TTS Mastertune. I am trying to educate myself in the process so I can do the remapping myself. I looked at the PCIII and it seemed as simple as picking the map that is the closest to the type of pipes and breather that you have installed, click on that map and that's it. I tried to view the map layout for the TTS and most of what I read was where people were changing all kinds of individual values with a lot of specifics which seemed very confusing (read like chinese). If all I am doing is changing my pipes and breather, does the TTS offer a simple menu where I can locate the pipes and breather, or the closest option to what I have, click and go.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Answer to your last question is YES. I did what you are doing. I read a lot about these and what others are doing with them and almost talked myself out of buying one. Well, I bought one and couldn't be happier. Think of it this way; What you will basically do is save the stock map and do a stage one download similar to what the dealer would do. The bike will run fine just like that. But like almost everybody else you'll want to do a few data runs and let the V-tune tweak the map a little. Keep in mind the data runs and V-tune are optional. If you do get the mastertune what others have said will make a lot more sense.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Gray_Drifter
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my 2 cents. If all you want to do is use a generic map that closely matches your modified configuration, you might as well go with a PCIII or similar device and save some money. If, on the other hand, you plan on having a tuner build you a completely custom map while running your bike on a dyno, the TTS Mastertune is definitely the way to go. If you have a stock motor with only a high-flow air filter and pipes added, either method should work great for you.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:35 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

If all Ur ever going to do is pipes and intake,, U may be wasting U money on something U really wont use...

plenty of cheaper F/M systems out there that will do a decent job on changing the A/F ratio only...

Old 02-05-2011, 10:46 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
If all Ur ever going to do is pipes and intake
Thats what I said.... all I'm gonna do is pipes and intake

Old 02-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Here some videos on the TTS install I found on the Ozzie HD forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3vVUs9Onss

http://wn.com/Kuryakyn_Garage_The_Pe...ide_Episode_39

Lots of useful info in their EFI sub forum too:
https://www.hdforums.com.au/Default....ics&forumid=27

Old 02-06-2011, 06:59 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by av8or
Thats what I said.... all I'm gonna do is pipes and intake
I said that too. My bike was perfect when I got it used. It already had pipes, etc. It was a different color than now and many thousands of dollars later I think it is better than it was, but not finished yet.

The TTS is as simple or confusing as you wish to make it. the V Tune is designed to tune the bike for you. Reading through iclicks thread in the touring section is enough to make anyone's head explode. I think it is far better than the PCIII or PCV. The range of adjust ability is better than any other tuner on the market which is why most tuners love it. That does not mean that every option ahs to be adjusted by you.

Do a few v tune runs hooked up to your laptop and let it work it's magic. I sell them as well at a discount to forum members. Pm or email for pricing. Teh onluy reason I do not have a TTS on my bike is that v tune is not available for a bike as old as mine which is a 2002.

Drew

Old 02-06-2011, 08:23 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

If you have good basic computer skills the TTS is easy to use. Yes its more expensive but its flexible and you don't have to figure out how to mount it on the bike. Like SERT, its really just a plug that lets you hook up a laptop to the bikes ECM and install new maps. I think the only downside is you can't pull a TTS off the bike and sell it or use it on your next bike. I thought the V-tune was fun and I enjoyed setting it up myself. If you want you can also mess with idle and other settings that are not possible with a piggy-back solution like power commander.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:02 AM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked out the Dynojet Power Vision? Similar to the TTS only it has a touch screen interface, no need to strap a laptop to your bike to collect data. My understanding is that price is similar. They are also coming out with an auto tune kit to work along with it.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:47 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 1hellbent
Have you checked out the Dynojet Power Vision? Similar to the TTS only it has a touch screen interface, no need to strap a laptop to your bike to collect data. My understanding is that price is similar. They are also coming out with an auto tune kit to work along with it.
The TTS still offers more adjustment that the power vision and the Sert.

Drew

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune, is it really that difficult?