Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTS Mastertune, is it really that difficult?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 01:26 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I too think the TTS is still the best home tuner, but the Power Vision is a real close second.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:07 PM
ticket2ride
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all of the replies. I just wanted to get some other opinions, I bought this bike in October and it's my first one and I don't know squat so I appreciate all of the help. I watched the video and it seemed simple enough and that is certainly what I need.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything I've read so far indicates that the Power Vision has the adjustability that both the TTS and SERT have. In addition, it has some interesting features that are just not possible with TTS or the SERT.

Here is a very large thread that answers a lot of questions about it. Be prepared to do some reading though, it’s many pages long.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/580547-dynojet-power-vision-the-future-of-tuning-is-here.html

I'm not knocking the TTS, it's a great product, nor am I promoting the PV. I have been doing some research on all of the tuners so as to make an informed decision myself, I’m going to be purchasing one of them in the near future. But that's the technical beauty of the times we live in, there are always newer products coming out to choose from. And when it comes to technology, competition is good, it's what keeps us advancing. Competition is the consumer’s best friend.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:24 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Do a few v tune runs hooked up to your laptop and let it work it's magic.
Excuse my ignorance, but am I to understand that to do some V-tune runs, I need to ride around with my laptop connected to my bike?

Thanks

Old 03-31-2011, 03:21 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer
Excuse my ignorance, but am I to understand that to do some V-tune runs, I need to ride around with my laptop connected to my bike?

Thanks
Yes indeed. No big deal, you can put it in a saddlebag or you can have it in a computer bag or rucksack on your back ... the cables that come with the TTS MT are long enough.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer

Thanks
Originally Posted by Rakthi
Yes indeed. No big deal, you can put it in a saddlebag or you can have it in a computer bag or rucksack on your back ... the cables that come with the TTS MT are long enough.
Not so with the Power Vision, if I'm not mistaken, but Jamie is the person to ask for a definitive answer

Old 03-31-2011, 06:11 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

My understanding, after extensive reading about the Power Vision, is that it has all the adjustability of TTS, but you will need to load the included software onto a laptop PC to do it. Otherwise, you can do most common adjustments and tweaks via the LCD touchscreen, including your tuning runs. The LCD touchscreen needs to stay attached to the bike, but it can be mounted to the handlebars a lot easier than the laptop you'll need for TTS V-tune runs...
You'd be well-served by joining HD Tech Forums, as well. Lots of TTS gurus there to help, if that's what you end up with. Lots of tutorials on the net, too...