Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Tank Lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011 | 05:26 PM
Bodis22
|
Cruiser
Default Rocker Tank Lift

Guys, I searched a little and also saw some pics of some forum owner's bikes in the ebay auction for tank lifts. Is this what everyone recommends or is there something else. I need to get my tank up a couple of inches along with a few more things. El Vira has been neglected as of late and thought bout selling her. Thanks

Old 02-05-2011 | 06:30 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

My opinion may be viewed as biased.......but I believe we have the best tank lift kits available, and we certainly have great Customer Service!

Tank Lift Kits

Feel free to PM or email me with any questions.

Kevin

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-05-2011 | 07:49 PM
Bluemidnight
Cruiser

I got the 2inch/3inch lift kit off ebay.The only issue I have with them is if i would have went 3 inch i would have a hole in the mount.A I decided to go with the 2 inch and i needed to cut the extra down because i didn't like the extra sticking down.So ya they are cheap but needed work.I would find what height you ant and try DK (like he posted)save the headache.Another thing to consider a 2.5 inch and 3 inch lift will need the cross over line to be replaced sometimes even with the 2 inch lifts.A if you replace the crossover run the tank empty save the headache.Heres a pic of mine

Old 02-06-2011 | 07:38 AM
Irishwoodchuck
Advanced

its a matter of taste but i would go with the 2" on the rocker. the lines of the bike look better with the 2" IMO and you don't need to change the crossover line ether. as far which one to go with, i got from eBay but they are really the same. two small pieces of metal that lift your tank. you can make one if you have the metal and a cutter...

Old 02-06-2011 | 08:00 AM
Mighty Horse
Intermediate

Go to the hardware store and buy a couple of u-bolts. Use the removable flat metal piece as the lift. You'll need 2 extra nuts and bolts to attach to the tank and possibly a longer piece of fuel line. That's what I did and it worked perfect.

Old 02-12-2011 | 08:02 PM
pturner
Intermediate

I made my 1-1/2" lifts out of 304 stainless steel and polished them to look like chrome. Sorry guys, not to be mean, (and i know everyone doesnt have a machine shop in their basement) but i just could not give that amount of money for two pieces of flat bar. i looked at longer lifts, and yes the heads look cool, but you started seeing all the wiring, and also my turn signals were hitting the tank.
just mt 2 cents
Pat in Tennessee

Old 02-12-2011 | 10:19 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

pturner, did you put a offset in them? The kits come with an offset and a nut welded to the backside of the upper mounting point.

Two inch is all I'm thinking of going with. The three inch looks great but reveals too much plumbing for my tastes.

Old 02-12-2011 | 11:04 PM
DocJ
Road Master

The main thing to prepare yourself for is the loss of useable fuel. When you lift your tank, more gas flows to the bottom portion of the tank, now un-useable by the bike. Not to mention, you can't fill it up as much either. You lose approximately 75 riding miles. If that isn't much of a concern, go for it! It looks awesome. I generally fill up pretty often anyway, so don't see it affecting me. (I haven't done this yet, but getting ready to here in a couple weeks. Just passing advice.)

Old 02-13-2011 | 03:23 AM
DevilDogg
Tourer

There are more threads about this subject alone than some areas on this site even have period. Anyhow, I have a 3in lift which I like but you will have to relocate your turn signals otherwise they will hit and I have the knick to prove it.

Old 02-13-2011 | 04:47 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

2" seems to flow well for my taste

oh and no loss of usable fuel at all.... it does mark low on the needle on the tank but if you follow your digital fuel remaining its spot on.... I did a side by side run with a non lifted tank...

Quick Reply: Rocker Tank Lift