Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Specialties chrome hand controls

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 AM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Specialties chrome hand controls

Looking for a quality comparison to HD's chrome hand controls. Please give me your honest input if you have any practical experience between the two. The drag setup is less than half the price but I don't want to sacrifice quality. I will (reluctantly) pay the higher price if it means that I am really getting my money’s worth.

I think HD's quality is pretty high on most things....but so are their prices. And with much of the stuff being made offshore, they are really making a killing.

The particular Drag kit that I'm looking at (0610-0138) is roughly 260 bucks. When you add up the equivalent parts from HD, its over 580 bucks.

Thanks!

Old 01-30-2011, 09:26 AM
seph10
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a few things from drag specialties,,I think their quailty is top knoch,,I've been happy with their products,,,

Old 01-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Nickrc3
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not one issue with these non-H/D controls (not clock). Good quality chrome , too.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nicholas/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nicholas/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

Old 01-30-2011, 05:05 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Nickrc3
Not one issue with these non-H/D controls (not clock). Good quality chrome , too.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nicholas/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Nicholas/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
Nice! Do you know what brand they are?

Old 01-30-2011, 05:11 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

I've bought drag items before and always had great luck. I did try to get a "great" deal on some cheaper knock-off controls from ebay though and almost killed myself. the valve in the master cylinder wasn't releasing all the way and going down the road at 45mph my front brake locked up. I went back to stock with a set of HD covers so that everything still looks chrome, but with stock reliability. Looks good and was a good price, but still not the real deal. Let me know if you get the drag stuff and how it works out for you.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:31 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jlasoftail
I've bought drag items before and always had great luck. I did try to get a "great" deal on some cheaper knock-off controls from ebay though and almost killed myself. the valve in the master cylinder wasn't releasing all the way and going down the road at 45mph my front brake locked up. I went back to stock with a set of HD covers so that everything still looks chrome, but with stock reliability. Looks good and was a good price, but still not the real deal. Let me know if you get the drag stuff and how it works out for you.
Thanks for the info...that's exactly the kind of experience I am hoping to dodge! I'm leary of some of the Ebay stuff, lot of no-name brands.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:28 AM
fattyboyy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is this thread about all i see is the girl sucking on a banna.

my hand controls from drag work great and no issues.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:50 AM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Thanks for the input Fatty! Er...um, on the hand controls that is

Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My first time switching out to chrome controls i went with the Custom Chrome controls...lol.... they worked but were made very very cheap... The levers were mismatched in size and the screws/bolts rusted....lol.... JUNK!....

This time around i went with the Drag Specialties chrome controls (they may be the same ones your talking about )... Both levers are the same size and no rusting anyplace. They worked out perfectly for me, and at half the price. Only thing is on the reservoir side there is no fluid eye... Which isn't a big deal to me. For half the price of a HD chrome controls I'm not complaining one inch... go for it!

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 01-31-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:43 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
My first time switching out to chrome controls i went with the Custom Chrome controls...lol.... they worked but were made very very cheap... The levers were mismatched in size and the screws/bolts rusted....lol.... JUNK!....

This time around i went with the Drag Specialties chrome controls (they may be the same ones your talking about )... Both levers are the same size and no rusting anyplace. They worked out perfectly for me, and at half the price. Only thing is on the reservoir side there is no fluid eye... Which isn't a big deal to me. For half the price of a HD chrome controls I'm not complaining one inch... go for it!
Thanks!