Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is it about V&H fishtails?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Well after reading this post i returned my bike.... I traded it for a MANLY 98' Road King... ......

Actually for real the sales guy told me my bike "Deluxe" was a "girls bike"...... No BS... i still purchased it.....
Have you ever taken it back and shown him your scoot in its present form?He would eat his words.Fine job on NOT listening to that salesman.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Malingerer
Have you ever taken it back and shown him your scoot in its present form?He would eat his words.Fine job on NOT listening to that salesman.
The guy quit or got canned. I went back there a few months after i purchased my bike and was told the guy was gone.... I never asked why? I purchased my bike from Blue Springs HD in Kansas City.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:50 AM
Heritage632
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by #1rocketman
I quoted him on that by looking at his picture....guess it's hard to see in a smaller pic the big difference(tips) you guys see.I realise the straight pipe part,i was only talking tips. I'll be real honest here,I found mine on Ebay,the guy had them on for maybe 2 weeks and didn't like the fishtail look period.He had already bought a more expensive set pryor but they were too loud for him.After getting these V&H's and not liking them,his son found baffles for the other set,so.....I bought them at slightly less than 1/2 price. IF they would have been Samsons,I woulda bought them,I didn't really care,i like fishtails,it just so happened these were V&H's.
I only stated in my original thread what I had and added a couple pics for the guy to look at.
That's cool!! You can't beat 1/2 price for V&H! Just FWI, I wasn't trying to be a jerk or give you a hard time, was just wondering if you really didn't notice the difference. Again, can't go wrong with what you have either.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Budmiester
Tourer

I like the quality of the V&H, but like most everyone else, think the Sampsons have them beat on the looks of the tips by a long shot. Since I'm going to be off work for a while with knee surgery, maybe I'll spend some time in the shop and fab a set of tips with the Sampson look that will fit my V&H. Seems like there might be some intrest in those.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:59 AM
luvtoride
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Budmiester
I like the quality of the V&H, but like most everyone else, think the Sampsons have them beat on the looks of the tips by a long shot. Since I'm going to be off work for a while with knee surgery, maybe I'll spend some time in the shop and fab a set of tips with the Sampson look that will fit my V&H. Seems like there might be some intrest in those.
Yeah if you come up with some I'll be in line to buy them!

Old 01-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Phantomryder
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be in line for a set for my V&H's...

Old 01-30-2011, 03:59 PM
SMF
Banned

I just dont like the fugly tips on the v&h thats why i went samsons for looks