Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I find these ...10Hr search = fail

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 08:36 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have the correct size for the front , the rear is the issue . My book says the rear rim on a FXST is 16x3.00 Every place I have looked the only size they come close to that is a 16x3.5

I dont want to have to get a new rear tire . And according to HD the rear is a 16x3.00 wheel

Old 01-22-2011, 09:46 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure if they have the size you're looking for but try here: http://www.ridewrightwheels.com/fat_50 Every color combination you can think of, but these are likely special order.

Ride Wrights. A little more $$$ but do a search on the DNAs and read what other members have to say about them.

I put some Ride Wrights on a few weeks ago and they bolted right up using my stock spacers. And customer service is top notch. Sam offered any help I needed to get the wheels to fit. But like I said, they bolted right up - no help was needed at all.

Last edited by gforrest2; 01-22-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:54 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior

Ya I did a search and read this AWESOME post from a member and Im sold .
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...addy-50-a.html

Now If I can just find out why my service book says my rear wheel is a 16x3.0 and if I can run a 16x3.5 without having to get a different tire I can order these bad dudes . I have yet to even find a 16x3.0 even threw the HD site . Wonder if its a miss print ?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:18 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ram, theres some people on here who dont like DNAs, but like Ive said before, Ive bought 3 sets of regular spokes from DNA. The last set I bought, 80 spoke twisted, I gave to my dad for a X mas present for his RK. IF I had ANY ISSUES with Dna's I wouldnt risk my dads safety. Just sayin, and they look nasty on my pops RK. Im gonna go with Fat spokes from Dna also, maybe next month, if I can just decide on how much black I wanna run on the wheels. You get some, be sure to post pics Bro.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:25 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess my point was not clear. I edited my post above because it sounded iinflammatory and I have not had first hand experience with the DNAs. As a matter of fact, I was going to go against the popular opinion and pick up a pair of the Mammoths due to the low price, but a pristine, used pair of the Ride Wrights became available so I jumped at the opportunity. But the point I was trying to make is that it is around 10 - 1 negative against the DNAs based on a search here on the forum. (I'm talking about their fat spoke wheels, their other wheels get good reviews). Reports of suddenly loosing air, loose spokes, fitment issues, poor customer service (not from KC Intl., but their dealers), etc. In this situation, despite what was reported in the thread you listed, you do get what you pay for. JMHO. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited by gforrest2; 01-23-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:56 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior

No harm bud . I respect that .

Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree, ride wrights and sinisters are some of the best wheels out there. Ive also seen the bad reviews of some of the DNA fat spokes, I just hope if I do decide to go with Dna fatty's, I dont run into probs. Thats why Im tryin to make a decision weather to go with Regular spokes or Fatty's. I just dont know what to do. Ram, when you get some, post some pics, would like to see them on your Very Unique Scoot.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior

I will . Im going to call around Monday and find out about the rear wheel size . The dam service book says the rear is a 16x3.0 well no company makes that dam size only 16x3.5 so I have no idea

Old 01-23-2011, 12:15 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The 3.5 will fit on the rear fine. I can get that color for you no problem. Just a little extra money for the extra powdercoating on the spokes along with the hubs and rims. I can get any color combination you want. The wheel in that pic is a DNA. You can tell by looking at the hub. DNA's are sort of rounded out. I'll let you come to your own decision on what brand you want. If you decide on RW's drop me another line.

Drew

Old 01-23-2011, 03:54 AM
Dirty Fxstd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I have read on this forum seems to me the main issue with the DNA rims has been the air leak problem, and customer service, I have only read of 2 instances with spoke or rim problems. The fitment issue seems more of not doing research on what you need prior to ordering. But I have seen a crapload of people running these wheels on this forum. I am in the same boat as you, I'm about to order a set myself. have gotten quotes on both rims. Either way I go I am going to run tubes, just because i dont trust a spoke rim without one. Obviously the Ride Wright's are the better rim, and the better company, by a landslide, I'm just having a hard time justifying the thousand dollars more to go with them. I could get some sick Billet wheels for that price. But if you do decide to go with the Ride Wrights, Dr V-Twin has the best price, and has been a big help (atleast to me) with anything I've needed. just my 2 cents.

Oh and clean looking scoot by the way, I was wondering what those pipes would look like on a Standard. Those fat spokes are gonna look sick on there.

Quick Reply: Where can I find these ...10Hr search = fail