Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge Cut Collection on Fatboy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 AM
FBLJosh
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Edge Cut Collection on Fatboy Lo

Let me start out by saying what a wonderful and thoughtful wife I have. For my birthday yesterday (1-21), she bought me the entire Edge Cut Collection for my Fat Boy Lo. I absolutely love the look of the collection, but we are both kind of torn on it after putting the pieces next to the bike. I haven't installed it yet, so not sure what it looks like actually ON the bike. We both like the look of the collection by itself, but are wondering if it's too much shiny stuff for my denim black Lo. I'm going to make my own decision, but I'm just throwing the question out there to you fine folks. What do you think? Like I said, I love the look of it, just not sure if I like the look on MY bike yet. I don't want to install anything on it yet, because if I do, and I don't like it, they may not take it back!!! Please comment. No pics, obviously, because it's not installed. Thanks fellas....

Old 01-22-2011, 08:19 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

I think it will look great on your bike!

Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 AM
SuspendedUser
Banned

check the calling all fatboy lo owners thread, ive seen some denims in there with the edge cut...

Old 01-22-2011, 08:43 AM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

Here's a couple pics of me just holding the pieces in place. Tell me what you think.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:53 AM
bigtwin88-66
Tourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FBLJosh
Here's a couple pics of me just holding the pieces in place. Tell me what you think.

I think it will look great on your bike, what are you waiting for ? Get those tools out and get to work!

Old 01-22-2011, 08:57 AM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rquirch
check the calling all fatboy lo owners thread, ive seen some denims in there with the edge cut...
Thanks, I checked those out last night. I remembered seeing those pics. I like seeing it in person to make my final decision.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:59 AM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bigtwin88-66
I think it will look great on your bike, what are you waiting for ? Get those tools out and get to work!
Thanks! I would get to work, but she had to order the rest of the stuff. Only thing I can actually install right now is the passenger footpegs and, if I was feeling spunky, the grips. I'm not so sure about installing the grips myself. I may have the dealer do that so I don't screw anything up. Everything else should be in today or so.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:29 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks! I would get to work, but she had to order the rest of the stuff. Only thing I can actually install right now is the passenger footpegs and, if I was feeling spunky, the grips. I'm not so sure about installing the grips myself. I may have the dealer do that so I don't screw anything up. Everything else should be in today or so.
Grips are a snap to install! You will not screw anything up. Call a buddy over if your not sure and get it done. This way you learn to save yourself some $ by NOT going to the Stealer.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Kronin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not so sure about installing the grips myself.
You can handle it. I installed my RSD Tracker grips last night, took about an hour and a half, and that's because I took my time and had to adjust the right turn signal mount. It wasn't pointing quite straight and it was bothering me.

There were 2 tricky parts. I'm not very mechanically-inclined, but this is what I did to simplify the process. You have to loosen the throttle and idle cables to get the throttle grip swapped. Measure the distance between the jam nut and the end of the fitting prior to loosening them. That way, you can put the cable back exactly as it was, where the dealer put it on setup. On the clutch-side grip, use a long flathead screwdriver and work around under the grip to break the adhesive. Once you get a little bit down the grip, start twisting the part that is already broken loose. Should break the rest of the adhesive and then you can pull the grip off.

I think your install will actually be easier. I had to drill 2 dimples in the bars for 2 set screws on the clutch side. I believe the Harley grips have notches that sit in the button housings, so you don't have to do that.

One other thing to consider... if you've not yet had your 1,000 mile service, the dealer does a cable check then. They'll reset the throttle cables, so you don't really have anything to lose

Old 01-22-2011, 10:00 AM
ejohnson1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 - I like the look & think they go together perfect

Quick Reply: Edge Cut Collection on Fatboy Lo