Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge Cut Collection on Fatboy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a good look. I have the edge cut mirrors on my NT. The grips and levers were a no-go for me though, as I like to ride gloveless around town, and they look like they'd be uncomfortable (if not downright painful). Just a consideration, in case you do the same.

Your wife gets points for her thoughtfulness. GL making a decision.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 AM
FBLJosh
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
It's a good look. I have the edge cut mirrors on my NT. The grips and levers were a no-go for me though, as I like to ride gloveless around town, and they look like they'd be uncomfortable (if not downright painful). Just a consideration, in case you do the same.

Your wife gets points for her thoughtfulness. GL making a decision.
I do wear gloves. Only time I don't is if it's just a quick little trip to the store and I don't feel like throwing them on.

Already had my services done, but I don't think that would be a problem with the cables anyway.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go ahead and start throwing the easy stuff on for now and see what I think when that's done.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:18 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The edge cut collection is p[practically made for your bike. Contrast cut black and aluminum. You could not get any closer to something that will match.

Drew

Old 01-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Pyron
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
The edge cut collection is p[practically made for your bike. Contrast cut black and aluminum. You could not get any closer to something that will match.

Drew
+1. I think it'll look sexy.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:41 PM
SoCalH-D
Tourer

that was the first mod I made to my lo. you will love the look!

Old 01-22-2011, 06:01 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It will look good. Get the stuff put on already!!!

Old 01-22-2011, 06:19 PM
WFA
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fbljosh
let me start out by saying what a wonderful and thoughtful wife i have. For my birthday yesterday (1-21), she bought me the entire edge cut collection for my fat boy lo. I absolutely love the look of the collection, but we are both kind of torn on it after putting the pieces next to the bike. I haven't installed it yet, so not sure what it looks like actually on the bike. We both like the look of the collection by itself, but are wondering if it's too much shiny stuff for my denim black lo. I'm going to make my own decision, but i'm just throwing the question out there to you fine folks. What do you think? Like i said, i love the look of it, just not sure if i like the look on my bike yet. I don't want to install anything on it yet, because if i do, and i don't like it, they may not take it back!!! Please comment. No pics, obviously, because it's not installed. Thanks fellas....

i agree with the crowd. Use the edge cut set. Imo...the only down side i see is that many, many more folks will want the same thing as soon as they see them. They also look good on the vivid black.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:06 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

watch out when changing the throttle grip... if you dont do the piece of cardboard thing on the brake lever you WILL break the switch and its 50 bucks! i learned this the hard way.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Kronin
Advanced

Originally Posted by rquirch
watch out when changing the throttle grip... if you dont do the piece of cardboard thing on the brake lever you WILL break the switch and its 50 bucks! i learned this the hard way.
Huh. I must have gotten lucky. This piece of cardboard thing is news to me...

Old 01-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Punk_Rocker
Cruiser

hey I think the will go great with the bike and you will always be able to think of your wife and how wondeful she is when you enjoy them ntm ho w she will feel about you chosing the thing she picked out...have fun...ride hard...stay safe

Quick Reply: Edge Cut Collection on Fatboy Lo