Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat for Crossbones

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat for Crossbones

Hey guys been a while since I have been on here. Got back from deployment. So I am looking at ditching my La Rosa spring seat. It is 3 years old and I am looking for a different style than the Spring seat. Plus it kills my *** after a long ride. I am looking at getting the Le Pera Bare Bones seat for my Bones. Does any one have this seat on their bike? Also I have a bobbed fender and it does not have the fender mounting hole, will this seat still work? From the looks of the seat on pictures that I have found it looks like there are mounting tabs on the side of the seat. I just want to make sure before I drop the coin and purchase the seat. Thanks
Travis

Old 01-22-2011, 08:11 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain

Really???? Nobody has an answer.....

Old 01-22-2011, 08:23 PM
rowdy82
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure the bare bones seat will mount the same as mine. I have a Mammoth Choppers solo seat. It hooks just under the tank and then screws down to a mounting bracket on the fender. You will probably have to drill a hole in the fender to slip the mount through. I can send you some pics of mine if need be or take measurements if you want. I am running a fatboy fender so mine already had the holes for the mount.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain

Thanks Rowdy. My fender is a bobbed fender and I dont want to drill through the paint. I have seen a few that have the mounting tabs on the side, that is the one I need. Thanks though. Hopefully I can find one

Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Budmiester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little off topic, but are you runnin stock risers with the 16" Apes? I put the 16" Back Wild 1s and just can't get the bars as tight as I like. Called Wild One's and was told that the stock Cross Bones riser was too soft to handle the aggressive knurling on the Wild Ones. If you are running stock risers, have you got slippage?

Old 01-23-2011, 08:24 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 158 Posts

Welcome back, sir! Sorry, I can't verify mounting on barebones. Seems like another member here had the same dilema. I'll search.

TedMan

Old 01-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Toy_Jon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back!!!!!!
here is my bike after a new seat and fender swap, hope it helps.
Now put some miles on your bike, she's missed ya Im sure

Last edited by Toy_Jon; 07-20-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:03 PM
HDUK
Tourer

Originally Posted by travis dasher
Hey guys been a while since I have been on here. Got back from deployment. So I am looking at ditching my La Rosa spring seat. It is 3 years old and I am looking for a different style than the Spring seat. Plus it kills my *** after a long ride. I am looking at getting the Le Pera Bare Bones seat for my Bones. Does any one have this seat on their bike? Also I have a bobbed fender and it does not have the fender mounting hole, will this seat still work? From the looks of the seat on pictures that I have found it looks like there are mounting tabs on the side of the seat. I just want to make sure before I drop the coin and purchase the seat. Thanks
Travis
Travis I have a seat from CC Seats great fit didn't cost the earth and chuck is a great guy to deal with I live in the UK and the service I had was excellent I had only to purchase the fender nut to hold go under the fender to attach the seat too 5 min job from out of the box

Attached Thumbnails seat for Crossbones-p1000423.jpg   seat for Crossbones-p1000415.jpg   seat for Crossbones-p1000416.jpg  
Old 01-23-2011, 12:28 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Budmiester
A little off topic, but are you runnin stock risers with the 16" Apes? I put the 16" Back Wild 1s and just can't get the bars as tight as I like. Called Wild One's and was told that the stock Cross Bones riser was too soft to handle the aggressive knurling on the Wild Ones. If you are running stock risers, have you got slippage?
I still get a little slippage, I just keep them tight for now. When I find the time I am going to drill and tap the riser clamp and run an allen head bolt into the bar to keep them from slipping. I will keep you posted.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:32 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain

Thanks for the reply's guys. I will keep looking and see what I can find. Worse case I have to fab a bracket to make it fit. TedMan let me know if you find anything. I have done quite a few searches on here and it makes my head hurt, maybe another set of eyes will help. Thanks again fellas

Quick Reply: seat for Crossbones