D2MOTO Your source for motorcycle parts, motorcycle accessories and motorcycle gloves online. Our Harley Davidson motorcycle parts and motorcycle accessories include Harley mirrors, Harley air cleaner, Harley sissy bar, Harley tail light, Harley levers, Harley grips and Harley gloves

Super Bright LED tail light w/ turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:35 PM
09B29
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.brightasslights.com/site/

i have seen these and they are BRIGHT

Old 01-27-2011, 08:10 PM
D2MOTO
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WARG
In the market for one of these. What type of warranty do they have?

Looking at the smoked lenses for my 06 fatboy.
We sure stand behind our product. One year Limited-Warranty on the LEDs

Old 01-27-2011, 08:12 PM
D2MOTO
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Brad2064
i Just bought the smoked version last week, but has yet to arrive. I will post up a review once installed. What type of load equalizers should i be buying?
Check out ours:
http://www.d2moto.com/p-7074-1-motor...LAID=544021177

Old 01-27-2011, 11:12 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad2064
Well I received my tail light today, but have not had time to fully install it yet. The plastic housing seems nice, but the is no foam or rubber seal like the OEM light to ensure a tight fit. Also the circuit board with the led's on it just sit inside the plastic housing, no method of securing it to the housing. I'm not sure if this setup is waterproof or not, it doesn't look like there is any means of waterproofing it besides putting a gel substance on the circuit board. And there are no shortened mounting screws to bolt the thinner light cover to the original mounting surface. The stock screws are way too long. So I will have to go to a hardware store and find some shorter screws. I will post again once it is installed.
Great info.

Had the kury and from what I recall their led and circuit board was also embedded in a silicone type of substance but it was glued to the housing. Kury's did come with screws. Cant remember if it had a rubber gasket, dont think it did, not 100% sure though.

Several kury led's went out in less then a year. They replaced it. Then several led's went out on the second one but after the warranty period. Bought some Custom Dynamics led's with a lifetime warranty. A couple leds went out after about 1 1/2 yrs and they replaced it. Maybe I just had bad luck. Given my experience with leds I would expect to replace this thing sooner then you may expect. But given the price it may not be a big deal.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
nebassin
5th Gear

Vincent and d2moto did what they said they would. i received my replacement light today, it is a much improved light. fitments is as good as the factory light. looks great, and i am pleased.

thank you Vincent and d2moto. i WILL recommend you and yours and i WILL be getting more bling for my flstc

thanks again,

dick f.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

OK, mine arrived today and I just finished the install. The bad points are: Does not come with screws, gasket, or any directions. After testing each of the wires to find out what they are the install was pretty simple. The signal feature works with out the load equalizer on my 08 fatboy even though I purchased one. LEDs are pretty bright but I really wont know until someone rides behind me and gives me a opinion. For the money I would say its worth it.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Brad2064
Advanced

So I don't need the load equalizer? Or will they work without but just blink fast?

Old 02-02-2011, 01:27 AM
jbg
Road Warrior

I went out to D2Moto today and they installed one for both my buddy and me. I've got a Fat Boy Lo and he has the Street Glide. They work great. We still need to splice in the turn signal parts though. We didn't want to remove our factory signals yet so we're going to fix it later. I'm planning on keeping my old signals. I will have to use the load balancer though and he won't. Not sure why that is, but we tried it there and my lights starting blinking way too fast. I don't like it.

I will say though that they were great. They were really helpful and full of questions about how they can fix or better the product. We ended up taking the rubber sealer out of our existing lights and putting it in the new ones and it worked great to seal the lights up. That was definitely a needed part. The lights are VERY bright. We took a bunch of video when we were there of the before and after and I'm guessing they'll have it up soon to show you the difference. But all in all...I have to say that I recommend this product and I'm keeping it. I'd put one on my Deluxe as well if they could do it in the tombstone light box.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:15 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Still havn't ordered yet. I have been waiting for some reviews. Still leaning towards trying one out. The gasket is a sticking point for me, but if I can use the one on my stock light then that would be cool.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARG
Still havn't ordered yet. I have been waiting for some reviews. Still leaning towards trying one out. The gasket is a sticking point for me, but if I can use the one on my stock light then that would be cool.
Toby, I have installed Kurys and Drag tail lights and none of them come with the gasket. Your old one will come right off and install with the new light. I need a clear one without a license plate lite, or facing down.....

Hurry up D2MOTO!!!

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Super Bright LED tail light w/ turn signals