Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crossbones seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 01:15 PM
megametalknot
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crossbones seat

Hi im going to put a differnt style seat on my bones same kinda seat but can i use the same battery cover and mounting hardware from spring bolt to spring bolt i have a measurement for the new seat its 7 inches and if i do need new anybody got any clues where I can get one

Old 01-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Redder
Tourer

Did you try ebay? Lot cheaper than stealership.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:25 PM
megametalknot
6th Gear

yes thats where I found a seat but I dont know if I have to buy a new battery cover and spring mount and where to get one thats not 6 ot 7 hundred dollars I know u can get one from rsd for that know of any cheeper

Old 01-20-2011, 03:33 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

without more info we cant help..
what kind of seat you looking at that alone will determine if it will work or not..is it the 1925 harley spring seat if so yes it will all work if its aftermarket it should say in the description what is needed for install.
give us a link to your ebay seat
more info required

Old 01-20-2011, 03:47 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 946 Posts

IIRC the spring spacing on the Crossbones and on full sized HD solos is 10 or 11 inches. I'd try to figure out a way to do it and keep the stock spacing. Depending on what the seat looks like you can probably get the same torsion action by using clothes pin type springs angled in

Old 01-20-2011, 05:02 PM
megametalknot
6th Gear

ok well Ive been looking at this seat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...88788350432404

does that help?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:06 PM
megametalknot
6th Gear

and is the cloths pin spring the same as the scissor spring and can I use a scissor or cloths pin spring with the stock crossbones seat hardware

Old 01-20-2011, 05:13 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by megametalknot
ok well Ive been looking at this seat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...88788350432404

does that help?
I would be careful with Larosa, I had a terrible experience with them telling me 'Oh yea this will work" and then not answering emails when nothing fits.

They did sell me wrong year products and replaced it, that is not an issue, but they did also sell products they claim will work knowing fully well it will not work.

So I suggest you find another provider that does not outsource to Chinese companies, just search 'larosa' and 'la rosa' on ebay and you will get a number that will tell you it is not about quality at all.

good luck.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:29 PM
megametalknot
6th Gear

klf33 thanks ill be sure to forget that seat then any suggestions on who to get a seat like that off of? is that your bike in the pic and if so where did u get your seat?

Old 01-21-2011, 07:23 AM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by megametalknot
klf33 thanks ill be sure to forget that seat then any suggestions on who to get a seat like that off of? is that your bike in the pic and if so where did u get your seat?
Hey There,

Yes the bike is my bike, I did have a post about my setup

Just go to ebay and search using "spring seat -larosa" the -larosa will avoid you the larosa stuff and focus on the rest. I think red tail leathers and Anvil make good ones, I bought one seat from CFL and it was the best deep dish ever, I also bought my current comfy ones from 'sinister seats' in ebay, it is all in the post above.

My spacing of bolts is between 6 to 8", I am free to drill in the bas as I like as it is a steel base unlike yours and also note that my bike is the narrow rear tire, not the wide one.

I love the look of the crossbones, I think a custom seat will be a great addition , and there is a lot of them here, just do a search and you will get many ideas, it is a great bike to customize.

I have seen guys here who had customized the seat and tank and fender bibs that look killer.

Quick Reply: crossbones seat