Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Can't Trust Some Folks

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:07 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts
Angry Just Can't Trust Some Folks

So in my quest for torque, I ran across a 70 tooth/20mm pulley on eBay. Looks like a good one, for a great price, and a local vendor to boot. I sent an inquiry to see about maybe arranging for a will-call pickup:

Any chance of picking this up will-call? I live in Oakley, and am extremely anxious to get a hold of one of these pulleys.

Thanks for your consideration!
Response from seller sent at 3:56 PM yesterday:
I'm sorry, but we are unable to Will Call parts right now. I will overnight the pulley to you for the same cost since you're so close. If you purchase it tonight, and the payment is cleared, you could have it Wednesday.
Thanks for the inquiry,
So that being the case I completed the purchase at 4:30 PM yesterday.

At 8:51 AM today, I received an email titled "Your eBay item has been shipped by On-Trac"
I have shipped the following item to you by On-Trac. You should be receiving
it shortly. Your On-Trac Tracking Number is xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Once your item arrives in satisfactory condition, please leave feedback for
me. 5-Star feedback is greatly appreciated!!!
That being the case, I arranged to take the day off work, put the bike on the lift, and got the wheel off and original pulley removed. I needed to make a run to pick up some chrome bolts, but didn't know if a signature would be required, so I checked online for the status. It showed that the package hadn't been picked up yet! WTF??? I called the shipper and they indeed verified that it hadn't been picked up, and wasn't actually scheduled to be delivered until tomorrow!!!

I sent an email to the seller and got the following response:

Roger,

When my associate emailed you a 3pm he forgot to state that our delivery driver arrives at 4:30pm. By the time you responded back at about 5pm, we were closed and the delivery company had left. When I saw the purchase today, I processed it and sent you the tracking information. I am sorry for the confusion. The item is sitting waiting to get picked up. If tomorrow will not work for you, please let me know and I will cancel the transaction and refund your money. Sorry again for the confusion.
My response:
Thanks Shawn. Actually, as you can see the email yesterday was sent just before 4:00 PM, and I completed the transaction before 4:30 PM. This isn’t good at all.

Now I have burned a vacation day, and have to put everything back together, then do it all over again next chance I get, probably not until the weekend. This is pretty screwed up… sure wish you had been clear in your communication this morning, and also that you had sent that information last night when I completed the transaction. That is just wrong… poor communication.
Unfortunately I have to reassemble my bike so I can use it for work tomorrow, so the work today for nothing and have to do it again when I should be riding, and burned a day off just to practice being a mechanic. Not a happy camper here at all!

Could have tried to make arrangements to meet me somewhere or something, at very least.

Roger

Old 01-19-2011, 03:15 PM
HellrideMFG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you need it right away skip on the saving money and go to a shop that you can get it the same day... If your willing to wait a bit order it on-line... Thats just my 2 cents. If your in a rush something always goes wrong...

Old 01-19-2011, 03:18 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hellridemfg
if you need it right away skip on the saving money and go to a shop that you can get it the same day... If your willing to wait a bit order it on-line... Thats just my 2 cents. If your in a rush something always goes wrong...

what he said

Old 01-19-2011, 03:24 PM
sBender
Tourer

Reason #3201252 that I hate ebay. It did kinda sound like he was willing to work with ya. This is why an old fasioned phone call always works best.

Sorry bout your issues. I'm sure you were just trying to vent.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master

dude why would you take apart your bike without parts in hand.trust has nothing to do with you jumping the gun..a lot of times they print up a shipping label when its purchased but that doesnt mean $hit until its picked up correct so until you see movement on the tracking number assume its still sitting on a shelf.i have purchased and sold a lot of stuff on ebay and ive learned not to do anything until parts are in hand ..period
ebay rocks! where else can you get $2000.00 worth of parts for $400.00 no where so you have to wait a week big deal most of the time the dealer has to order it anyway.if you use a credit card through paypal not only is in insured but any implied warrenty will be doubled by your card holder assuming its from a store and not private..

Last edited by colonelangus1; 01-19-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Bikenator
Club Member

You made the transaction at 4:30 PM and expected next day delivery in state? Seems your your and their expectations exceeded reality.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:42 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned

poor guy is just frustrated and venting! im with ya man! screw fleabay!

Old 01-19-2011, 04:37 PM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey when you get the 70T pulley let me know who made it and the part#

Old 01-19-2011, 04:42 PM
sePArider
Intermediate

Seems like Murphy's Law has been proven once again.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:52 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If that's your only mode of transportation......Never take your bike apart unless you have the parts in your hands....
Who's Corvette is that in your profile pic? Why didn't you drive that?
That's like taking a turd without the tissue..... .............

Good Luck though and let us know how that 70 tooth works out...

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 01-19-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Just Can't Trust Some Folks