Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011 | 02:19 AM
agedwards63
Road Master

Originally Posted by fcsallan
The local Stealer here told me the Rocker-C was going away but there would still be a Rocker model in the line up.

I think like others have said the XBones is just going away for a while to see who complains and get some excitement up. I think it will be back.
Dollar bet says they will come out with a Rocker-B all blacked out... then we can have a fake chopper-bobber LOL seriously never liked that fruity tail end on the rocker wish they'd kept the Deuce, BUT the Rocker-C I believe (and I could be wrong) was the last actual "chrome" non-cvo bike HD came out with and that was 2008 folks, 4 model years ago (that sux)

Old 03-06-2011 | 08:38 AM
crazy88
Cruiser
Default Yes it's true.

Heard it straight from the horses mouth. Local dealer told me last week about the X Bones and Rocker. Seems strange not having a springer in the lineup though

Old 04-05-2011 | 02:43 PM
jazzar35
6th Gear

XBones being discontinued is a good thing ... Now no one else can have my bike! Glad I bought mine in '08 on the initial release.

Old 04-06-2011 | 10:33 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDChloe
I hope they do!!! That would be great! Seriously, the less Cross Bones out there the better I like it. This means I don't have to keep doing mods to my bike to make it my own.

As for value...I doubt it does anything to the value one way or another.

They did this to the Wide Glide and brought it back after a short break. The Cross Bones, assuming this rumor is true, will be back. It is too popular not come back. I think it will come back with the Dyna Street Bob rear fender.
I agree 100% with the first statement. I love that the Crossbones has a small following and that more often that not I am the only one riding up on one when I go somewhere with other bikes. I love how some people can't help but love it and how others try to dismiss it when their blinged out sleds get completely ignored. I really don't care what happens to the value. I know what it's worth to me.

Old 04-06-2011 | 11:08 AM
Jaburg1
Road Master

I haven't read through the entire thread to see if this has been mentioned, but one of my local dealers told me it's because HD is moving over to ABS brakes, and even though they've tried various options, they cannot make the ABS brakes perform in conjunction with a springer front end. It not only applies to the X-Bones, but also to any future springer models.

Old 04-06-2011 | 11:19 AM
Acom
Novice

I love the Xbones! From the springer front end to the bobtail rear fender, it's one sexy bike. Had I seen one of those I would prob have gotten one of those instead of my Custom. But like all great bikes, now that it's discontinued like mine, it just makes it more of a treat to see one and appreciate it.

Old 04-06-2011 | 11:32 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

if the above is true, that sucks. I can't see a springer not being in the line up, but who knows. Guess we will find out in July. Hell, my X-bones has anti-lock brakes....oh no, those are anti-stop brakes sorry....lol

Old 04-06-2011 | 11:56 PM
Deadwood Dick
Cruiser

I was really starting to like the X-bones. As far as the Rocker C, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Old 04-07-2011 | 12:05 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Well I already have my Rocker C, Dick.
In person, no one has said anything except to compliment me about my bike. Either in stock form or as I have it mod'd now.

Old 04-07-2011 | 05:30 AM
PRrdglide
Road Master

Glad I got mine. The bones is the only bike that I have ever had that people have stoped to ask me . If i just smile all the time or I realy like that bike? Being lucky enough to have more then 1 Harley. I would say the Bones would be the only bike I would not get rid of.

Quick Reply: Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!