Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011 | 05:06 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

Oh no, not the Rocker with the highchair passenger seat!

Old 01-19-2011 | 06:07 PM
BayBones
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by BHuygens77
Been working in Harley Sales for 14 years now & have never ever found a bike as hard to move as the Rocker C, so am delighted (IF this is true!) HD is canning this bike.
Cannot understand the logic behind stopping the Cross Bones, but then again, I couldn't understand the logic behind stopping the Softail Standard & Night Train.
Streetglide Trike? Yet another bike that was never needed!

BayBones, on a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being 100% correct, how reliable is this info?
As mentioned in my original post, this information was taken from the "General HD Chat" https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ed-models.html forum under "2012 Discontinued Models" and was posted by a member named Dawg who has over 15,000 posts so he has been around for a while, and several other members have said "if it comes from Dawg its true". I dont know Dawg, and I have absolutely no knowledge if this is true or not but Dawg also posted the same information on other forums (Trike I think). Dawg has been helping members out with helpfull information and repair assistance for some time by the looks of details on his profile, and may be an HD dealer or affiliated with one so I have no reason to think he would make this up but I dont know, I am only passing along information from his post.

Old 01-20-2011 | 02:42 PM
ITZ4me515
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BayBones
As mentioned in my original post, this information was taken from the "General HD Chat" https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ed-models.html forum under "2012 Discontinued Models" and was posted by a member named Dawg who has over 15,000 posts so he has been around for a while, and several other members have said "if it comes from Dawg its true". I dont know Dawg, and I have absolutely no knowledge if this is true or not but Dawg also posted the same information on other forums (Trike I think). Dawg has been helping members out with helpfull information and repair assistance for some time by the looks of details on his profile, and may be an HD dealer or affiliated with one so I have no reason to think he would make this up but I dont know, I am only passing along information from his post.

There might actually be more truth in this that I thought.
Cyril Huze posted it in his blog.
http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2011/01...ustry-news-41/
He is definitely an insider & has the most popular motorcycle related blog in the world.

Old 01-20-2011 | 06:42 PM
FXBadass
Tourer

Got wondering, how well would a springer tri glide trike with a sidecar to boot fly?

Old 01-20-2011 | 07:58 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

Not really sorry to see the Rocker or the 'Bones go.

Let's hope the replacements go back to reasonably-sized rear tires (nothing bigger than a 160-180). Love to see a modern Bad Boy.

Old 01-21-2011 | 05:15 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

I can see them changing the model line. I was at a dealer here last year and they had 2 bones both a year old still in the showroom. The rocker never caught on like they planned either. I think both are very nice bikes but it is all about sales #'s. Old style's seem to be selling better now than anything newer styled. You see long choppers are more out than in now and bobbers are the hot ticket. styles come and go and so do Harley models.

Old 01-21-2011 | 08:20 AM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

The info is true. I talked to my dealer yesterday and he confirmed that they received a message from Harley about the discontinued bikes. There is still no word on 2012 models but there is some speculation that there might possibly be another lower priced trike released in place of the street glide trike. I guess we'll know come July.

Old 01-21-2011 | 10:59 AM
ITZ4me515
Cruiser

Still don't know about the discontinued models...but do know about the new Softail Blackline.
For the people that want to move back to a skinny rear tire, it has a 144mm.
http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2011/01...ounger-bikers/

Old 01-22-2011 | 07:53 AM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

I was wondering if Harley was going to do another mid-year release this year. This proves my suspicions. Thanks ITZ4me515! As for the new bike I'm not sure what I think of it yet.

Old 01-22-2011 | 05:08 PM
FXBadass
Tourer

Thanks ITZ4me for that rear shot. Liked the front and size views, but that is the first rear shot that I've seen. To me, that console looks hideous, and the bars are too close together for a wideglide. That bike could still look decent for myself with a few personalized touches. Keep posting pics!

The medium to fat arsed bikes are in my opinion likely being discontinued for those who complain of the short lifespan of a tire over a 150 size. I have about 3600 mi on my stocker and will need a replacement very soon. I always kept it between the mid and max range, think 38 psi. Oh well, don't care about that.

Quick Reply: Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!