Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011 | 03:41 PM
FXBadass
Tourer

Originally Posted by dazc76
Well if you happen to live in California they might as well discontinue all Harley's, unless you like riding bikes that are about as loud as a vacum cleaner. Cause that's what is happening to all bikes 2012 and on. Thanks for signing that bill ARNOLD (a** hole)!!!!!

They don't call Arnold the "Terminator" for nothing, or should I say nuttin'!!

Old 01-17-2011 | 05:36 PM
meatsack
Banned

Killing the bones is cool with me... I have mine...and won't be parting with it anytime soon.

Don't see too many of them around...and I like it that way.

Old 01-19-2011 | 05:40 AM
BHuygens77
2nd Gear

Been working in Harley Sales for 14 years now & have never ever found a bike as hard to move as the Rocker C, so am delighted (IF this is true!) HD is canning this bike.
Cannot understand the logic behind stopping the Cross Bones, but then again, I couldn't understand the logic behind stopping the Softail Standard & Night Train.
Streetglide Trike? Yet another bike that was never needed!

BayBones, on a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being 100% correct, how reliable is this info?

Old 01-19-2011 | 06:11 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

I really want to see what replaces these bikes. I bet there may be a road glide trike, but am very curious to see what comes to the softail line, if anything....

Old 01-19-2011 | 07:38 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default bones

seems to me its a marketing ploy. people always want what they cant have just makes the demand better for when they bring it back.

Old 01-19-2011 | 10:31 AM
Ockam
Tourer

Originally Posted by nikonf8
seems to me its a marketing ploy. people always want what they cant have just makes the demand better for when they bring it back.
Honestly it probably is a bit of marketing ploy as well as trying to stay nimble with what product is offered.

My opinion is, Harley should rotate nearly their entire model line up every 2 or 3 years. This would help bikes retain their value longer, which would help attract customers.

Combine this with off years for models having limited edition runs of Harley manufactured after market equipment (fenders, paint, trim, etc) and I think you may have a great plan.

Imagine buying your Softail Standard, then in 2 years it is replaced by another model line. You still love your bike, so Harley offers a limited edition springer front end or sheet metal set specific to your bike. It would attract customers who have the bikes already to go out and pick up the upgrades, and new customers would pay premium for the older model year without detracting from those guys who are in the market for a new bike.

Old 01-19-2011 | 10:35 AM
jrjones
Tourer

Never was a fan of the Rocker or the trike. As for the Crossbones never liked the seat or that front wheel.

What I would like to see brought back is the BadBoy but not a 200 tire or larger. 180 at the max.
Then bring back the FXR.

Or another idea is bring back a retro line. Bring back the Shovel's, Knuckle's, and Pan. Do one bike from that period of motor but with some of today's modern stuff on there.

Just my .02 cents.

Old 01-19-2011 | 11:38 AM
felixsum
Tourer

I don't really care what they discontinue. I already have my bike and love it. Personally, I bought my Rocker because I like it, and not because it gets approval from the herd.

Old 01-19-2011 | 02:47 PM
ITZ4me515
Cruiser

Personally the Rocker & Street Glide Trike can go...don't even really care too much about the Crossbones, as I already have mine. I can't see how the Crossbones would be discontinued, as most every dealer I've been to is selling them like hot cakes, but I also couldn't believe that they discontinued the Night Train.

BUT!!!!! I think this is totally untrue anyway...this would be the first time someone knew this far in advance what Harley was planning.

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE...this is all speculation!

I'd love to see a Night Train with a springer front, and a Street Bob rear fender & brake light.

Oh, and some actual paint colors that people want to buy, the factory sure has had some strange ones the last few years.

Old 01-19-2011 | 02:51 PM
felixsum
Tourer

Last years colors were like Miami Vice Re-Runs...

Quick Reply: Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!