Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011 | 04:57 PM
DMorr99
Road Master

Originally Posted by BayBones
Got this from another thread figured folks in here might want to know.

As a result of our most recent review, we are announcing the discontinuation of three motorcycles for the 2012MY for all sales markets worldwide. The models listed below will no longer be in production beginning with the 2012MY:

* FXCWC Softail® Rocker™ C
* FLSTSB Softail® Cross Bones®
* FLHXXX Street Glide® Trike

What do you think this will mean for the value of your XBones? Are you surprised it was dropped? The MoCo does this a lot with cool bikes.

I don't believe its true. Harley keeps better secrets than the Pentagon. The first inclinations of what is happening usually comes from the CARB (California Air Resource Board??) in early summer.

Old 01-16-2011 | 05:04 PM
luvtoride
Tourer

Springer Deluxe...You heard it here first.

Old 01-16-2011 | 05:19 PM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

I seriously doubt prices or perceived value on a used Cross Bones will change. I'm thinking they might bring back the Night Train. That would be cool.

Old 01-16-2011 | 05:38 PM
Ockam
Tourer

Originally Posted by luvtoride
Springer Deluxe...You heard it here first.
I think you will see a resurrection of the springer heritage for the anniversary edition.

The rocker c is a shame it is being retired. It has a really unique look in the Harley line up. The chopper look is currently passé though. The cafe racer has been the new hot thing in the younger demographic, hence the 48.

Last edited by Ockam; 01-16-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2011 | 06:01 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ratster
I'm thinking they might bring back the Night Train. That would be cool.
Yes it would. Let's hope they don't mess it up like they did the Wide Glide.

Old 01-16-2011 | 08:57 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

IMO, the rocker-c is their attempt at an OCC type of bike.

Old 01-16-2011 | 09:11 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member

Put a 21" wheel and a frame mounted seat on a Cross Bones and what have you got?

The 2012 Bad Boy perhaps. My guess is if they do that, 16" wheels and sprung seats will be popular accessories.

Old 01-16-2011 | 09:19 PM
dazc76
Cruiser

Well if you happen to live in California they might as well discontinue all Harley's, unless you like riding bikes that are about as loud as a vacum cleaner. Cause that's what is happening to all bikes 2012 and on. Thanks for signing that bill ARNOLD (a** hole)!!!!!

Old 01-17-2011 | 09:23 AM
kjay58
Cruiser

I'd like to see the Heritage Springer come back....

Old 01-17-2011 | 03:39 PM
FXBadass
Tourer

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
Put a 21" wheel and a frame mounted seat on a Cross Bones and what have you got?

The 2012 Bad Boy perhaps. My guess is if they do that, 16" wheels and sprung seats will be popular accessories.

Now your talking!

I was on the market for a springer softail with a 96" with a 21" front rim and a 200 rear when I was eyeing up the situation. The Cross Bones had my attention with a front tire swap - but it is not as simple as first thought as it has a different front than the FXSTS. I am a fan of the springers because 99% chance you know it is a Harley these days, but there's always that 1%.

FXSTS - Last run in 06 - Love that bike

I considered the 07 FXSTSSE as it had the 21", but other issues led me away.

Fan of the wideglides, so I tried to get a Night Train, but they were discontinued 09 and there was one vivid black left in Alberta, but would have costed more to get it than a Custom.

Walked in my Dealer and told my salesman - "I am looking for a platform to build on", whatcha got in a Custom?

Luckily they had 3 09s, I was in luck. Unfortunately I have a bit of beef with HD for dropping it (last of the FX wideglide softails) in 2010.

But, I thought if I get in a write off situation and I can still get on (not dead, etc), I would be replacing with a new Xbones. Now I find out that I can't even do that?? Despite my taste in 21" front tire, I would swap that out, after all the bones has the 200 rear.

Even considered swapping my front for a springer, but now cause of new bars, I have to reconsider doing it..

The Custom didn't sell well cause some people can't see beyond the king/queen seat, while others dig it.

That is why I refer to bikes as platforms, but how much $$$ will to spend on one to get your goal accomplished.

My thoughts, what will be next to go?

Quick Reply: Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!