Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011 | 08:27 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Maybe a Rocker with a Springer front end is replacing it? I guess we weill see in July.

Old 01-16-2011 | 09:39 AM
roadkingharry
Road Captain

With the economy being what it is and no signs of it getting better, it wouldn't surprise me if they cut out some models, but has this rumor been confirmed? Both bikes are nice and I never see any on the floor of the dealer when I go pick up parts. The rockers are out the door within a week of delivery. I like the crossbones but why did they put that stoopid fat bob fender on it? (yeah I know I have one on my fxst)

Old 01-16-2011 | 10:25 AM
JY Kelly
Supporter

Harley does this a lot... it's to drive up excitement. I personally predict the return of the Night Train with some minor changes... perhaps a 240 and a different rear fender?

Old 01-16-2011 | 10:35 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

I hope they bring back the Heritage Springer...and I'm gonna' try to buy one this time around. Has anyone taken a look at what the accessories for the Heritage are bringing on Ebay? The bike may not be doing well price wise, but the saddlebags are priced like gold.

Old 01-16-2011 | 11:56 AM
Doug S
Road Master

Wonder what the sales figures were for those two last year?

I almost never see a Rocker, in or out of the dealship and the Bones is just a little less rare around here. The biggies seem to be the Heritage, Delux, RK, and ultra with a healthy smattering of Softail Std. and Customs.

The Bones may have a following similar to the one the 90's Bad boy has now but it will take some time, the bike will need to be near stock and it depends on what Harley does in the mean time.

D

Old 01-16-2011 | 12:26 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dFREDb
If this is true, they will probably resurrect them on an as needed basis. The Tri-Glide would really surprise me.
The poster said that Harley is discontinuing the street glide trike, not the tri glide. I bet most people that buy that street glide trike end up wishing they bought the tri glide or end up upgrading, so this makes sense to me anyway.

Old 01-16-2011 | 02:31 PM
Hotwire
Tourer

A) The Rocker was discontinued in 2009, the Rocker-C's last year will be 2011.
B) The Rocker's had very low production numbers, thats why they are rare.. BECAUSE THEY ARE RARE!
C) I think the MoCo cutting the Rocker's is good for US Rocker Owners.

Im a huge fan of the Rockers, if you can't tell... But its what REALLY opened my wallet to HD-Finance, lol. I looked around, at the Cross-Bones, Night-Rod, Nightster, Heritage, even the Trike's. But the Rocker took the check.

Everything is done right on them, For the right person. Im a custom/chop guy. And frankly.. with the Rockers, if you got the $$ you got the bike you want. The platform is perfect for screwing around with, and in time.. the aftermarket parts will be available. And the more we screw around... the more ideas there will be out there.

none of the bikes are ever DEAD... they just arnt available any more.

Old 01-16-2011 | 03:13 PM
waykool1
Advanced

i love the rocker also and agree, with it leaving it may bring the price up on the used one's.

i work for a dealer and it is funny to hear all the guys say they hate them......i have mine in the shop now putting the 260 rear on yesterday......everyone that came in the shop walked right past a new 35k 2011 street glide to go check out my bike.

Old 01-16-2011 | 03:32 PM
Lucky22
Tourer

It think the rocker could be a success if the price would be 65% of the current price. I think is a great platform to make a great bike. But there is a lot to do before it's a great bike.

Old 01-16-2011 | 04:34 PM
waykool1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lucky22
It think the rocker could be a success if the price would be 65% of the current price. I think is a great platform to make a great bike. But there is a lot to do before it's a great bike.

i agree with that, just finishing mine up and can say i have a ton into it to get it the way i wanted it.

Quick Reply: Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!