Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dumbass fever, I caught it!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Robcat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I'm having a bit of a knowledge deficit on the powdercoating with clear? There is a powdercoat that is clear finish? I didn't know that, but am very interested. That might make life a bit easier with the wheels.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:05 AM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Rockyriver

I notice that you have the Progressive's on your FB. I just went the bolt route, but have a feeling that that's gonna last for all of a week before I get sick of the ride.

Any opinions on them?

Old 01-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Robcat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JY Kelly
Rockyriver

I notice that you have the Progressive's on your FB. I just went the bolt route, but have a feeling that that's gonna last for all of a week before I get sick of the ride.

Any opinions on them?
I gotta tell you, I have no idea if I have progressives. I never put them on anyway. If thats what I got I do like the ride, but will be ordering a set of shotgun shocks this week!!. Whatever I got on the front sucks. Really stiff ride in front. Bumps feels like a sledge hittin the front end. Still trying to figure that one out?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:08 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Robcat
Okay, I'm having a bit of a knowledge deficit on the powdercoating with clear? There is a powdercoat that is clear finish? I didn't know that, but am very interested. That might make life a bit easier with the wheels.
Clear powdercoat is like a clear coat of paint over a paint job ... the powder goes on dry and when baked at ~400* fuses into a very durable coating ... can be used to maintain a highly polished surface on metal parts ....

If you had your wheels done, the valve stems and bearings would need to be removed first ... then coated ... then reassemble and install ....

R/
'Chop