Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek's new swingarm bag

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 736 Posts
Default Pics of the bag

I received the bag at noon today( thanks UPS) and took a few pics of it for the forum. The bag is a good heavy bag and I am happy with the purchase. This is the 5 inch deep bag. The tag on the bag said 312XL isn't that the same number as the Leatherworks bag? Just curious. There is a inside pocket and 4 straps, 2 that were attached to the lower part of the bag, and 2 yet to be attached to the upper part of the bag. Behind the buckle straps are heavy duty plastic locking connectors.

Attached Thumbnails Fox Creek's new swingarm bag-bag-1-forum.jpg   Fox Creek's new swingarm bag-buckles-forum.jpg   Fox Creek's new swingarm bag-inside-pocket-forum.jpg   Fox Creek's new swingarm bag-sideview-forum.jpg  
Old 01-11-2011, 02:52 PM
topfuel7
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the LW number and it looks just like a LW but they use Indian head nickles at the top of the strap and there logo is burnt into the flap. I ditched the leather straps and used zip ties to hold mine on. Made a couple more holes to spread the load out. Much easier and you can really make it fit up tight to the swingarm. I put some electrical tape on the spot were the zip tie rides on the swingarm to stop scuffing.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

We had a heat wave today (37o) so I temporarily imstalled the bag to see how it looks. Went to Lowe's to buy some 1/8" aluminum plate but all they had was 1/16". Will try another source next week.

Attached Thumbnails Fox Creek's new swingarm bag-fc-bag-forum.jpg  
Old 01-14-2011, 05:05 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
Got almost a whole cow of heavy grade leather for $68 off ebay.....made my own bags and branding irons.
Once I finish restoring my saddlebags (actually about done, just need to mount them) I'm going to make one of the solo style bags for my wife's Sportster. It's a little harder to mount stuff on the XL, but it looks like an easy bag to make for $20-30.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Boy was I duped.
I didn't like the way the bottom straps were fastened to the inner pocket so I ripped them out and called FoxCreek for 2 replacements. well I got them today and the return address is
The Leatherworks
188 Frank west Cir #C
Stockton, Ca. 95206

I was told these straps were being shipped from Foxcreek's factory. Now I find out the bag is nothing more than a Leatherworks bag at a higher markup. Here I thought I was helping the local economy by paying extra. Fool me once, never again.
what I am doing is putting 1 1/4" diameter vinyl tubing fitted over the swingarm frame where the straps will be. I think this will stop any wear factor and make a tight fit.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Smug
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May I jump in with some info? Couple of yrs. ago I ordered a custom tailored jacket from FC. Got the jacket after waiting about 3 months and this is when the fun began. Some of the measurements where wrong and one sleeve was longer than the other. Sent the jacket back for replacement and waited again. The size of 2nd jacket was ok but not perfect, and they sewed the pull tab for the zipper on the left side of the jacket. Sent the jacket back again. Get the jacket back and all they did was cut out the zipper and sewed the pull tab on the right side, which left stitch holes all the way down the left side. Ready for the climax? through all of this, come to find out the jacket was made in New Jersey. All of this for a cool 5 hundred bucks. They did refund my money and give me the jacket, but by that point I'd had it. So, now I have a jacket that looks like sh*t and fits ok collecting dust in my closet.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:45 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rider1200
Just ordered my swingarm bag from Fox Creek.

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/284-l...g#description2

They sent me a newsletter for the month and had the bag featured. I thought it was time to give one a try. After seeing all the good looking bags on this forum I couldn't resist.
nice!

Old 02-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thegrants82
nice!
You did notice his posts about he overpaid for a Leather Works solo bag he could have gotten cheaper?

Old 02-18-2011, 08:49 PM
RedBen
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first clue in that it is a Leatherworks bag is that on the Foxcreek website, if you go to luggage, then view all, it's listed under, "Leatherworks Saddlebags". As far as I know they sell some of their own stuff like jackets and vests, but other stuff is reselling leather goods from other manufacturers.

I do have to say that I had good service when I ordered a pair of Chippewa boots from them a few years ago. Not the cheapest I could find on the internet, but at least I got prompt service (unlike another, cheaper retailer I tried first).

Old 02-18-2011, 09:48 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default swing bag

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
It looks almost exactly the same as the Leatherworks bag, and they seem to have copied the sizes as well. Guess what? The Leatherworks bag is less expensive and in my personal experience very nice. I avhe had 3 different solo saddlebags on my ride and teh Leatherworks was the nicest. It is difficult to tell if there is an inside pocket on that one like LW has, but msot likely.

http://www.drvtwin.com/catalog_produ...roduct=1075370

Drew
Dr V which swing arm bag fits with the true duels samsons

Quick Reply: Fox Creek's new swingarm bag