Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question For Badmo

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Question For Badmo

Badmo :

Thanks for the welcome and info on my "Rolling On The Darkside" thread for my '07 Nightrain.That S 100 cleaner and detailer you recomended is probably the best thing I brought home today along with that S 100 engine bright spray for black engines.

I know you have the Black Denim finish on yours,(I have Vivid Black) I have a base coat of Carnuba wax on,but the tins didn't look their best until a couple of wipe downs with the S 100 Detailer....

Where all do you use it on you Train ? Seems like it would work well on chrome surfaces also.

Haven't applied the Engine Brite yet,but seems like it should deffinitely be worth having.

From this review it appears that it can be used just about anywhere on your bike:

Manufacturer: S100 Retail Price: $8.95
Type: Aerosol can, 10 oz. (283 ml) Made In: Germany
Retailers: Try Top of the Line in the U.S.A.
Category: Quick wax, cleaner, polish

Manufacturer's Information
Claims - "Cleans, shines & waxes in one easy step...without water. For touch-up cleaning and detailing. Terrific 'finishing touch' after complete washings."
For Use On - Paint, chrome, stainless, aluminum, plastics, fiberglass, polycarbonate, acrylics, glass, vinyl, leather and leatherette.
Claimed Features - Removes light road soil, rain film, etc. Polishes up to a "brilliant gloss", leaves no oily residue. Double wax formula "makes rain dance off ... bike". Makes it easier to clean later on. UV inhibitors. Anti-static protection - repels dirt and dust.
Application - Spray fine mist on surface, distribute evenly with soft cloth, wait one minute and buff out.
Our Opinions
S100 Detail & Wax has petroleum-type smell. Rather like a cross between the Motorex Clean & Polish and the ProtectAll.
Feels slightly oily. Leaves slight streaks. Doesn't really clean off day-old bug residue on front of fairing, although it does buff up to a nice shine, probably due to the beeswax.

ProtectAll or Mr. Moto Quick Polish still the best of the "quick polish" sprays, in our opinion, because they do a good job cleaning but leave a decent shine also. The S100 Detail + Wax probably yields a better shine, but doesn't seem as good at cleaning.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...detail-wax.htm

[IMG]local://upfiles/17242/EEB0FB192E004BCCA95A2F99FDBC9560.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-01-2006, 01:06 AM
badmo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question For Badmo

Hey Bro, glad it worked out for you. I use the S100 corrosion protectant over the whole bike minus the tires, wheels, brake components and engine sku#SM16300A. I use the S100 engine brightener for the engine due to it'sformulation for high heat sku#SM19200A.

With all that said I don't do anything to the engine after I use the product. The rest of the bike I wipe down with a microfiber cloth. Now you may know this already, the cloth gets kind of sticky as you are wiping it down. I like this beacause I can hit any spots I may have missed such as the frame rails etc. I assume it is a little more effort for me with a flater finish than yours. But the end result will be keeping my black just that, black.

Take care and ride safe.
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]