Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet question what do you have ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:56 PM
pdfiddler
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 3. HJC-CL11 for cold days, 3/4 HD for cool days and a HD 105th anniv 1/2 helmet for every other day.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:00 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Gone through quite a few helmets before finding what I like.
Got an HCI Polo and a non-dot Biltwell for the Harley.
And HJC FS10 for riding the sportbike.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:27 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm gona order 2 of those Outlaw carbon fiber helmets for the wife and myself more for her she wheres a Voss Nov just like mine but 2 weeks ago one of the bikes in our group went down with a couple on it... They're okay but no more nov for the wife... It's my job to protect her and she needs a small DOT.

Anyway the Guy I'm buying them from said he just switched over to it with week... He says he sells THH, Daytona, Skid Lid, HCI, ZOX, Outlaw ect and out of all of them he said the new AX-30010 is the smallest.

He just switched to the OUTLAW AX-30010 personally from the HCI which he had for years because it was the smallest.

I'll let you guys know the scoop on the helmet when I get them. If it looks maybe we can through some money his way?
But don't buy 'em yet just incase... lol Cause we all heard that before right... LMAO

Last edited by story808; 01-08-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:45 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member

Will be waiting for the report Mark. I wish there was a place here in LA where I could try one of those on.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:38 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by story808
Kuma... That is strange I just measured my Voss XL Nov... And outside width is 8" Length 9.5" but the HT is only 5.5" and that where the low profile come in to play cause it don't add another inch to top... Thats where my Biltwell 3/4 and my Bell 500 are different the "Top" is up there on the Bell 500.

Are they measuring the inside of the helmet, maybe???

By outlaws size chart I can fit a med? My head measures right around 22.5

They said they measured the outside. Side to side, not top to bottom. I also fit a medium in Outlaws chart - 22.75". I own a cheap THH and that is a med. A few other brands I am a large. Just depends on the helmet.

I asked Outlaw if the helmet shell size were different between a large and xl. They said no - not sure if that is true either.

Originally Posted by story808
I'm gona order 2 of those Outlaw carbon fiber helmets for the wife and myself more for her she wheres a Voss Nov just like mine but 2 weeks ago one of the bikes in our group went down with a couple on it... They're okay but no more nov for the wife... It's my job to protect her and she needs a small DOT.

Anyway the Guy I'm buying them from said he just switched over to it with week... He says he sells THH, Daytona, Skid Lid, HCI, ZOX, Outlaw ect and out of all of them he said the new AX-30010 is the smallest.

He just switched to the OUTLAW AX-30010 personally from the HCI which he had for years because it was the smallest.

I'll let you guys know the scoop on the helmet when I get them. If it looks maybe we can through some money his way?
But don't buy 'em yet just incase... lol Cause we all heard that before right... LMAO
Thanks. Look forward to hearing about the new helmets. Especially the medium size.

Would be more then happy to send your friend the business. The thing is I may also be ordering gloves and jacket. When you post the helmet review also include where you bought it in case the jacket and gloves does not happen.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:45 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 97FXSTSB
Will be waiting for the report Mark. I wish there was a place here in LA where I could try one of those on.
Leatherup.com and MotorcycleCenter.com are the same company and they manufacture Outlaw Helmets. They are in L.A - So Cal.

https://www.leatherup.com/pg/jsp/general/contact.jsp

http://www.prlog.org/11084377-outlaw...f-helmets.html

Last edited by KumaRide; 01-08-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:44 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Leatherup.com and MotorcycleCenter.com are the same company and they manufacture Outlaw Helmets. They are in L.A - So Cal.

https://www.leatherup.com/pg/jsp/general/contact.jsp

http://www.prlog.org/11084377-outlaw...f-helmets.html
Thx for the link Kuma, I'll check it out.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:09 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He's not my friend but so far seems to be very helpful and very cool dude... He's a 22.5" head size MED and says it fits good... Kuma and I are right in between that when it gets hard 2 chose I'm sure the med will be snug but I don't want it to snug... lol He's gonna send me picture of him with the helmet on over the weekend... He said he had to go to bike night and a run in the am also so after that... Aleast he rides and it's the first time he's wearing the new lid. I'll keep you'll posted!

Old 01-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DaytonaHelmets carbon fiber half helmet. Im the same as you. Dot helmets look to big for me, but i do like this helmet. Lightweight and smaller than the HD hybrid spoiler helmet I have. Not as small as my favorite non dot skid lid but it works. Hope it helps.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course I'm not worried about how it makes my head look either.

Quick Reply: Helmet question what do you have ?