Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet question what do you have ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up one of the new Biltwell DOTs today, had been looking for a decent 3/4 old-school style helmet for awhile, but found that the Bell, Fulmer and Daytonas didn't fit the shape of my head right. This one seems to fit perfect though.

I have a few different lids that I wear depending on the weather, a KBC modular full face for when it's cold, an HJC 3/4 face for in-between, and a half shell for when it's blazing hot out. I'll probably be rocking the Biltwell most of the time now, since I can just put on or take off the bubble shield depending on the temperature.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
bazzhed
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a skid lid. i bought it two sizes too small and used a wire wheel on a drill to shape the inside of the helmet to fit my head. just removed the padding...and shaped the shock liner to fit, and reinstalled the liner. i have a wierd shaped head so i felt the need to shape the inside. my full face fits me good...but i have yet to find a half lid that fits my head right without feeling like it was going to fall off. i have a full face shoei for solder weather or extended freeway riding.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:45 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I still run the ACC Carbon fiver helmet. It used to be DOT but is not anymore...Oh well. It is by far the lightest and most comfortable;e half helmet I have found. I never have been hassled for it. I also have a Fulmer V2 3/4 for when it gets really cold. You can still get the ACC helmets from their company...I wear the extended half...
http://www.headtriphelmets.com/universalhelmets.php

And people were bitching about this forever but it is the best helmet I have ever worn comfort wise.

When I used to wear full faces, I was an Arai guy as well. Pricey but very light and comfortable for the shape of my head.

Drew

Old 01-07-2011, 11:31 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

mine's DOT certified.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:17 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dortiz
I bought the outlaw! Perfect!! No mushroom, super small and super light. A few others have and all seem to agree.
For my 3/4 I went with Rockhard and also am 100 happy with it.

Dortiz... Would you mind snapping a picture of yourself in the outlaw helmet Iwas checking them out but wanna see it on someone before I buy one... this is the one I waslooking at...

http://www.amazon.com/Outlaw-AX-3001.../dp/B004D7RPP4

Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by story808
Dortiz... Would you mind snapping a picture of yourself in the outlaw helmet Iwas checking them out but wanna see it on someone before I buy one... this is the one I waslooking at...

http://www.amazon.com/Outlaw-AX-3001.../dp/B004D7RPP4
Another forum member also has one. No pics but he measured his Xlarge for me:

Front to back, outer, 11.5"
Side to side, 9"

I spoke with Outlaw/Leatherup and got some one to measure a large size. They said it measured ~7 7/8" x ~10". Does not make sense that going up one helmet size would increase width by 1" and length by 1 1/2". The large measurements the gave are smaller then a non DOT I wear although it is much more round, fuller shaped then the non dot judging by the pics. This would give a mushroom effect compared to non dot - but the added safety is appealing.

Last edited by KumaRide; 01-08-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:07 AM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
mine's DOT certified.

LMAO , you need a new sticker

Old 01-08-2011, 01:41 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

Kuma... That is strange I just measured my Voss XL Nov... And outside width is 8" Length 9.5" but the HT is only 5.5" and that where the low profile come in to play cause it don't add another inch to top... Thats where my Biltwell 3/4 and my Bell 500 are different the "Top" is up there on the Bell 500.

Are they measuring the inside of the helmet, maybe???

By outlaws size chart I can fit a med? My head measures right around 22.5

Old 01-08-2011, 02:10 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by dortiz
I bought the outlaw! Perfect!! No mushroom, super small and super light. A few others have and all seem to agree.
For my 3/4 I went with Rockhard and also am 100 happy with it.

So I think I'm gonna try one... I'm right on the high side of MED what would you say on the sizing do they run small or big?

Old 01-08-2011, 03:23 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
LMAO , you need a new sticker
haha yeah i took care of that already, no pics tho lol

Quick Reply: Helmet question what do you have ?