Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sears lift revisited

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sears lift revisited

Sorry if this idea has been suggested before, but I didn't feel like wading through all those old post. I tried the method where you drive the front and rear tires on a one inch board and the kick stand under a 2x4. Well, one person doing that is not for the faint of heart.
For fear of dropping my bike, I decided to give it a rest. A few days later I was looking at the jack and wondering how could I make the jack lower? Well I thought what if I take the wheels of the jack? I did, and low and behold the jack slide under the bike with plenty of clearance. I used the 2x4 under the kick stand to make the bike stand upright. (Not necessary if you have someone the help.) Getting the right balance is a matter of trial and error. I used 3/8" blocks in the rear to clear the shock absorbers. A towel under the jack makes it easier to slide but not necessary. If you don't need to move the bike on the jack then you might give this a try.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:00 PM
skips69
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sears lift revisited

If you only use it a couple times a year, that should work fine. I had the same problem with the same jack and a 99' Sporty. It was precarious to say the least to lean the bike over and start the jack.......

Old 10-01-2006, 11:20 PM
gconklin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got this one and love it. Its the lowest jack I know of and works with the HD frame protectors without riding up on a 2x4 too.

(click on image to their site)

Old 10-03-2006, 12:24 AM
mitcht
Cruiser

hey gconklin: where did you buy this jack you show in the pic..............looks nice.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:38 AM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

I want that jack!

Old 10-03-2006, 01:01 AM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

I've got that Jack, I like it, works good and is very low. My bike is lowered and the jack still clears about 2". Larin makes the jack, they make all types of jacks but this model looks as good as it works. I use it everyday for storage and rolling the bike around the garage. The wheels for me are a must.
Name:  hd_tulip.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  49.6 KB
ORIGINAL: gconklin

I got this one and love it. Its the lowest jack I know of and works with the HD frame protectors without riding up on a 2x4 too.

(click on image to their site)

Old 10-03-2006, 02:32 AM
gconklin
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mitcht

hey gconklin: where did you buy this jack you show in the pic..............looks nice.
click the image, I linked it for ya!

I just got it a few weeks ago and love it! Phantom is totally right...
though one thing I haven't figured out, Phantom, where exactly does the pole attach so I can more easily move it around?? (I feel like such a newb! LOL)

Old 10-03-2006, 02:56 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Hmmm, wonder if there is a local outlet for them, so I don't have to fork out for shipping.
That would help get me out of the dog house with the wife. Go figure, she buys me a nice new 07 Softail Custom as an early Christmas present, then complains that there isn't enough room for her car in the garage with it and my old Yamaha already in there.
The Yamaha I can ditch to the lawn mower shed, but the Custom isn't going anywhere, with the possible exception of the bedroom.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:33 AM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

The one I have and most likely the one you have does not have the pole attachment like in the image you've posted. The handle shown in my picture is near the riser just above the foot pedel. Your T handle end hooks on to there. Not great for pushing, I can see it working for pulling but with my 700lb bike I don't risk it and push with my hands on the riser.
ORIGINAL: gconklin

ORIGINAL: mitcht

click the image, I linked it for ya!

I just got it a few weeks ago and love it! Phantom is totally right...
though one thing I haven't figured out, Phantom, where exactly does the pole attach so I can more easily move it around?? (I feel like such a newb! LOL)

Old 10-03-2006, 11:35 AM
pro1955
Road Captain

Good idea taking the wheels off, my Sears jack leaks down fast, thinking about getting another one.

Quick Reply: Sears lift revisited