Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

battery problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:58 PM
alekit
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, I thank you all for your kindness ..... I hope you understand ....
The test with the voltmeter as I have done as you described, measuring 31mA. I remember that my bike is not injected and no alarms, then I should have a lower absorption than you.
Testing is done only with switch off.
I'll try to put it on, and use step "1) Ammeter attached with bridging Jumper Wire Installed" , but I do not think that once off change anything.
My reading of 50mA high now that I think it then goes down due to some capacitor that is charged and then stabilized at 31mA, the bridge serves only to prevent this ... I think.
However, I think I understand that your normal consumption is 1mA, much lower than mine ....
However, if you say 30mA are normal and the battery should last more than 2 days, then I think the problem is the battery.
I will let you know .... Thanks to all

Old 02-16-2011, 05:15 PM
alekit
Intermediate

Problem solved! The cause? The regulator!
Two components remain under the current: the regulator and it seems to me the box intermittently.
The links are behind the rear fender and do not pass by the fuses.
Unplugging the cable that came from the regulator absorption disappeared!
My controller: ready to 50mA of current for about 5 seconds and then went down to 20mA
The new regulator: ready to 20mA for about 10/15 seconds then drops to 0mA, probably a capacitor charges for a while and absorb but wait .... and disappears!
Thanks to all!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Minor760
Stage I
Default 90 Heritage

Thanks a lot Bluehighways. I followed your advice and isolated my battery drain to the voltage regulator. Minor760