Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What drag bars for Deuce?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 01:18 PM
looneytune
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What drag bars for Deuce?

I would like to change the stock bars on my 05 Deuce. I need more pullback. I'm only 5'4", so it's a reach for me and my back gets tired while riding. The HD catalog has pull back dimensions for their bars, but the dimensions don't seem to jive with what I see on the Wild 1s site. http://wild1inc.com/DRAG.html
I went to the dealer and tried the HD Swing Back bars on their demo bar fitment bike they have. They fit me the best where my elbows are slightly bent and my wrists feel comforatable. HD shows 8" of pullback for the Swing Back bars and Wild 1s shows 10.5" for their 6" W0500 drag bars. Looking at side pictures with Chubby bars installed, they don't look much different in pullback than the stock bars do. Is that because HD is only measuring pullback in the bars themselves and not adding in the stock risers which the drag bars eliminate? Love the feel of the HD Swing Back bars, just don't care much for the look and lack of quality for $300 bars. They look cheap. I would like to hear from anyone with experience with drag bars on the Deuce or something that would help with my problem of being vertically challenged. The 6" rise Chubby drag bars look the best to me. The low Profile W0560 look too low.
Carlini's are fine also, manufacturer doesn't matter, I just want quality for the money. Any idea what bars (rise and pullback) will still fit with the stock cables and brake lines? Does anyone sell the bars, cables, and brake line as a package or am I stuck with dealer parts. Sorry for all the questions, but it's my first bike and just getting started with mods as a winter project. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I searched the topic but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:51 PM
looneytune
Cruiser

Nobody has any answers for a short guy with limited reach?

Old 01-03-2011, 02:15 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

being verticaly challenged 6" risers may not be enough! i am 6ft and it had a bit of a reach for me initialy,used to it now!mine are Burleigh bars,australian version of carlini, or close to! the drag bars are good,however you may need more riser or pullback! for your height,beachbars would be ideal! dont no how they would look on a deuce!
good luck

Old 01-03-2011, 06:22 AM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm also 6 ft.and had the 560's on my deuce. I thought there was too much pull back for me so I went with their 4" riders and drag bars to get me more forward. I think the 560's would be a great fit for you. They definitely will not be too low for you and will work with your stock cables. My friend ended up with my 560's on his and loves them.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:47 PM
looneytune
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JAKE 2544
I'm also 6 ft.and had the 560's on my deuce. I thought there was too much pull back for me so I went with their 4" riders and drag bars to get me more forward. I think the 560's would be a great fit for you. They definitely will not be too low for you and will work with your stock cables. My friend ended up with my 560's on his and loves them.
That's good to know, those bars are look ok, but do they hit the tank? They look awful low. I do like the 500's best and feel they look the best on the bike. They look better than the HD Swing Back bars. I really like the feel of the Swing Back bars, but I think they look cheap and are cheaply made.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/media...03_M_19870.jpg
They need more options for midgets. I'm too old, too fat, and too short. I need to get rid of the back pain somehow. After about an hour, I need to get off the bike. I'll deal with that before I get beach bars though, I don't think they fit the Deuce's style.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:06 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain

No, they don't even come close to the tank.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:14 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,832 Likes on 4,955 Posts

carlini bars, work perfect for you

Old 01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
RussUSMC
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had 8" rise "T" bars on my Deuce with stock cables and they looked awesome,and would probably work for your height. I got 'em on ebay for $79 and had them on the bike for about 5 years until I put a 5 degree rake triple tree on and it brought bars too close to me.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:31 PM
looneytune
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JAKE 2544
Looks like the 560s is what I'm going to end up with. After talking with the salesman at Wild 1, he says the 560s will be the only bars that will give me enough pullback and not be too tall for midgets. He says the cables will work, but I will need a different brake line. Thanks for the help, I have quite a project ahead of me with the bars, pipes, air cleaner, grips, pegs, fuel injection software, and the list keeps building.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:53 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain

Well keep us posted when its all done. Not sure why he told you to get another brake line though.

Quick Reply: What drag bars for Deuce?