Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy Lo Risers

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 10:26 AM
HowBoutThemHogs
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Fat Boy Lo Risers

I've read the Fat Boy Lo post with the 100+ pages and I see where a lot of you have switched bars, several to the Street Slammers. I also see where it looks like the only cable you changed was the brake cable. Now I may have missed a few posts, but with 100+ pages, well....whatcha expect?! Anyway.........so we've ordered 6" pullback risers and we were thinking that we'd have to change all the cables. Told them ol man that you guys didn't change your cables on your new/different bars and he wanted some details..........what/how'd you do it?

S

Old 01-01-2011, 11:54 AM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HowBoutThemHogs
I've read the Fat Boy Lo post with the 100+ pages and I see where a lot of you have switched bars, several to the Street Slammers. I also see where it looks like the only cable you changed was the brake cable. Now I may have missed a few posts, but with 100+ pages, well....whatcha expect?! Anyway.........so we've ordered 6" pullback risers and we were thinking that we'd have to change all the cables. Told them ol man that you guys didn't change your cables on your new/different bars and he wanted some details..........what/how'd you do it?

S
There is enough room to swap over to street slammers without a cable change. The only one that "needs" to be changed is the front brake line because the stock one is rigid tubing at one point and doesn't have much give. All I can say is try and change out the risers and see if they work, I bet they will.