Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found my pipes...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 10:40 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

When Hooker announced they would no longer be manufacturing pipes I go ta set of pipes for $100 brand new. I agree, someone bought them all up and is gouging now. As long as you got what you want, that is really all that matters.

Drew

Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vic Bronco
Thanks, checked those out, they look pretty much identical to the RSD ones I've been looking at as well.
Speaking of RSD... A black one of these would look sick...

Found my pipes...-rsd_vstack_ch_b.jpg

Old 12-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the look of the Velocity stacks, but realistically can't use it where I live, there's a ton of bugs, pollution, dust and other **** always floating around in the air, and the lack of a real filter is a major issue.

Do you guys running the RSD and similar A/Cs find that water is a major issue when you get caught in the rain, since the filter is exposed all the way around, and i haven't seen any sort of rainsock for them?

Old 12-29-2010, 11:55 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
LoL... Are you gonna cry... As im sure you see bikes like mine all over the streets in your nieborhood... the internet is one thing but the actuall streets are another..
Maybe last year that was a correct statement. This year though this look is popular everywhere. That's why I have decided to go a different direction now as it's like Camaro's anymore... a dime a dozen.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

Well for those of you who were upset that I apparently overpaid for those pipes, you can now sleep comfortably knowing that the sale has fallen through. I got an email today from teh seller indicating that the listing was made in error and that he no longer has any of these pipes in stock.

The search continues, hopefully I don't have to settle for my #2 choice - Black V&H Competition Series.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:34 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,944 Likes on 832 Posts

Didn't "Doc" say he had a set...for sale perhaps? As far as the Pro Hypercharger...I took the flapper out of mine. plugged the holes where the shaft went, cut out the flapper separation in the housing, smoothed it all out and had the inside powercoated. Had a nice ram air scoop and it worked great.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:44 PM
SMF
Banned

Originally Posted by vic bronco
love the look of the velocity stacks, but realistically can't use it where i live, there's a ton of bugs, pollution, dust and other **** always floating around in the air, and the lack of a real filter is a major issue.

Do you guys running the rsd and similar a/cs find that water is a major issue when you get caught in the rain, since the filter is exposed all the way around, and i haven't seen any sort of rainsock for them?
nope but if you would like to play it safe bro they sale the protective socks like they do for my quad. Imo you should just look into the biltwell build your own pipe kit and make your own pipes you could probably pull the hooker header look.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Vic Bronco
Love the look of the Velocity stacks, but realistically can't use it where I live, there's a ton of bugs, pollution, dust and other **** always floating around in the air, and the lack of a real filter is a major issue.

Do you guys running the RSD and similar A/Cs find that water is a major issue when you get caught in the rain, since the filter is exposed all the way around, and i haven't seen any sort of rainsock for them?
They make a rain sock but I don't have one. I ride in the rain and haven't had any issues. I just wrap it in a grocery bag when I wash my bike.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hdgzr
Didn't "Doc" say he had a set...for sale perhaps?
I did a search of his posts and didn't see any mention of them, although from the looks of it he has an Ultra and not a Softail, so it's possible we're thinking of two different people. There was a set listed on the classifieds on here a while back, but they were for the older models and didn't have the O2 bungs... I suppose I could have bought them and had bungs put in them, but I was holding out hope that I'd find the correct ones and they sold in the meantime.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 PM
SMF
Banned

http://www.ahwooga.com/detail.asp?id=178277

FOUND THESE STILL PRICEY BUT AYE MAN ITS WHAT YOU WANT BRO

Quick Reply: Found my pipes...