Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found my pipes...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thealaskan
How many times and how many places have you looked in two months? It's your ride, your money.

Don't forget the $53 shipping.
I managed to get them shipped to just over the border and can go pick them up = free shipping.

I've been looking pretty regularly, even those I was somewhat lucky to find, since they were listed under the part number but not model name. Like I said, the few other places I was able to find them there always seemed to be issues coming up with actually getting them.

Did I overpay? Sure, I think I said that in the first post in the thread, but they were what I wanted and I didn't seem to be having much luck elsewhere. When it comes down to it I suppose I don't mind overpaying a bit to get them now and actually have them on my bike in time for riding season instead of waiting and maybe getting them cheaper down the line, possibly next year, possibly never. If they were still in production and it was just a matter of finding the dealer with the lowest mark-up that would be something different altogether.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 PM
bluedemon06
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robc234
Wow looks like you can't post what you you think is cool on this message board without some A* hole knocking you. I personally think aot of bikes on this board a so freaking common I mean lets take a look at BLKnCHRME09Deluxe's bike. A deluxe with fishtails and a SE intake. Never seen anything like that.

Thunderheadder's work good but you have to want that long pipe look.

Hooker has made it's name making headders. I get complements all the time on mine, even had a couple offers. If your bike is properly tuned for your setup then it really doesn't matter what you have. If i was building a drag bike I might choose something else or build an exhaust. No I am going for style, and a different style than every other bike at the bar. Those pipes originally sold for $800+. If you got them 2 years ago for $680 everone would be telling you waht a great deal you got. I say "if you like it go for it." F*k the rest.

As a side note I also do not like the hypercharger. I have installed many of then and yes the work but they do not flow very well. The pro or the pro"r" are the only ones I would consider becase of the larger volume air chamber. If you want to keep that retro look check out an s&s teardrop or something simple like I did.

I dont think he was bein an A** he was bein honest he even said that! Who knows he might have expierence with a hypercharger and tryin to save the guy from waistin his money. And dont knock the guys bike that aint cool.

Anyway IMO I dont think a hypercharger would look good on your bones if your doin a retro look. Like someone said maybe an S&S teardrop or I think a velocity stack would look good. Just my 2 cents its your money and your bike do what looks good to you.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by robc234
Wow looks like you can't post what you you think is cool on this message board without some A* hole knocking you. I personally think aot of bikes on this board a so freaking common I mean lets take a look at BLKnCHRME09Deluxe's bike. A deluxe with fishtails and a SE intake. Never seen anything like that.

As a side note I also do not like the hypercharger. I have installed many of then and yes the work but they do not flow very well. The pro or the pro"r" are the only ones I would consider becase of the larger volume air chamber. If you want to keep that retro look check out an something simple like I did.
LoL... Are you gonna cry... As im sure you see bikes like mine all over the streets in your nieborhood... the internet is one thing but the actuall streets are another.. And YES i see bikes simular to yours ...except NOT PURPLE (like a flower) all over the place... what creativity!... LoL... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...re87093-a.html ... By the way do you really ever ride that PURPLE (like a flower) ... bike? As seeing its parked in front of a storage shed...LoL.. Good Luck BroMAN!!! and good riddens...

And to the OP ... IMO.. yes IMO... the Kuryakyn parts are cheap and out dated in styling. I've also read alot on how they fall apart... and for that pricing there are tons of better options out there. IMO of course. I was just giving my honest opinion... Not trying to be rude.

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 12-28-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Phatboy2010
Tourer

I guess i came off kindda rude but why spend money on stuff that dont work and is out dated ? Sorry for the post i made. Buy what ya like.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:11 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Phatboy2010
I guess i came off kindda rude but why spend money on stuff that dont work and is out dated ? Sorry for the post i made. Buy what ya like.
LoL.. yea really ... we gave him answers and he/them didn't like them.. ... you said it... "Buy what ya like" cause i really don't care what hes buys...

Old 12-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Phatboy2010
No worries, it's not like anyone's opinion is going to make me cry. If I had a Deluxe then maybe I'd be looking for long pipes, I Just don't like the way they'd look on my bike. I'm not taking my bike to the drag strip or the track to race it, and when I'm done setting it up it will still have enough horsepower that I doubt I'm going to be worried about not being able to go fast enough. If all I wanted was HP I'd have bought a crotch rocket or a Vmax, and not a Harley.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:15 PM
robc234
Intermediate

Yes I used to ride my purple bike. I bought it that color. If you look close you can see the harlequin flames. It was a womans bike. If you look at the pic I added in my first post you would see many changes have been made.

BTW. That is the bay door at the shop I work at. Where I build bikes everyday.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
LoL.. yea really ... we gave him answers and he/them didn't like them.. ... you said it... "Buy what ya like" cause i really don't care what hes buys...
Who said I didn't like them? Notwithstanding your less than glowing delivery, I posted that you were welcome to your opinion and invited you to elaborate.

As for the unfortunate bickering in the above posts, I hope that can be kept to a minimum, as it isn't really relevant to anything we're discussing. You are all entitled to your opinions, but can't we at least be civil about it?

Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Vic Bronco
Who said I didn't like them? Notwithstanding your less than glowing delivery, I posted that you were welcome to your opinion and invited you to elaborate.
Originally Posted by Vic Bronco

As for the unfortunate bickering in the above posts, I hope that can be kept to a minimum, as it isn't really relevant to anything we're discussing. You are all entitled to your opinions, but can't we at least be civil about it?
Done!!! ... LoL... Have you looked into Performance Machine intakes? They have great styling and are made very well.. IMO... now like i said IMO... LOLOLOL... ok ok enough of that... They do match up to the Bones very well... And they do have several different styles to choose from.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
[LEFT]Done!!! ... LoL... Have you looked into Performance Machine intakes? They have great styling and are made very well.. IMO... now like i said IMO... LOLOLOL... ok ok enough of that... They do match up to the Bones very well... And they do have several different styles to choose from.
Thanks, checked those out, they look pretty much identical to the RSD ones I've been looking at as well.

Quick Reply: Found my pipes...