Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do, what to do....

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What to do, what to do....

Ok, looks like the divorce will be over end of January, all the legal ends tied up with my accident last year, and I WANT ANOTHER BIKE!!!!

Some of you already know that I have a Woody's fairing, Baddad rear fender and hard extended bags ready to go on my bike. They all need paint. I really liked riding with the fairing(mean radio) last fall, and the look of the extended fender and bags all together. I would need another exhaust set up to complete this transfermation though.

I also love my bike all stripped down and sitting on the ground. The only problem is that girl friend has a hard time sitting on the rear fender()

So do I buy another softail and build it with fairing and bags and leave mine set up solo? Or do I just buy a Touring bike(SG, EG,....)?

What would you guys do?

Jimmy

Old 12-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Don't know...I'm still trying to digest everyting else you listed in your post (accident, divorce & girlfriend). With all that in one year - my head would explode!

Old 12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Don't know...I'm still trying to digest everyting else you listed in your post (accident, divorce & girlfriend). With all that in one year - my head would explode!
I was off work for a whole year to keep it all str8 myself....lol

Old 12-28-2010, 01:16 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Good question. Have been asking myself the same question for over a year now. A long distance 2up softail is not the same as a slammed, bag less... softail. Several mods were chosen with function in mind. Have seen some great deals on 2002-2006 SG's and RK's. But, I think waiting another year or two for a used 2010+ Touring bike would be worth the wait. Larger motor, 6 speed with the newer 5th gear, better brakes, maybe abs, newer frame...

Like everything else, it depends on funds. Sorry, not much help.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:21 PM
07Fatty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can afford it get a bagger and keep the softie striped down

Old 12-28-2010, 01:29 PM
trailmaster308
Advanced

I had an Ultra before the kid was born. Wife and I would take lots of trips. Now she doesn't like riding anymore so I sold the Ultra and bought the Heritage. No way I would try to do a lot of trips with two people on a Heritage. Can it be done? Yes. Will she be happy? Probably not as happy as on a tourer.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member

Originally Posted by trailmaster308
No way I would try to do a lot of trips with two people on a Heritage. Can it be done? Yes. Will she be happy? Probably not as happy as on a tourer.
I also have the touring pack for my Heritage and the deluxe pillion. We have done a couple 3 to 400 mile trips with no problems at all. She says it is very comfortable. I am very comfortable on the Heritage too.

I do think it would be nice to have a 6 speed tranny and a cruise control though.

And as Kuma says..."depends on funds"... well I am going to spend ALOT to have the bike the way I want it, wether it be another Heritage or an Ultra....lmao, so now what fellas?

Old 12-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Nabubba
Road Master

Geez if you want a fairing and tour pack just get a SG or Ultra.

But why not just have 2?

Old 12-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Fulano
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dustmaker
I was off work for a whole year to keep it all str8 myself....lol
I just don't get this sometimes! I work full-time and barely have enough to pay for a mortage, car and one bike. How can someone go a whole year without working be able to go buy another bike?! Don't get me wrong, I'd also rather not go through the accident and divorce debacle, but I've got to be doing something wrong!

My opinion, if you don't go into too much debt, get the bike you want. If you decide to go the marriage route again, I understand it's a lot easier bringing the bike into the relationship at the beginning than trying to get it after you're already married. Good luck man!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:18 PM
fliphd
Tourer
Location: West central Illinois in the Mississippi river bottoms
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If she left u with enough cash to buy another bike and keep your 1up bike? You done really good in the divorce part of it! Heeck keep your bike and buy another girlfriend!!!!! Just kiddn???

Quick Reply: What to do, what to do....