Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heel /Toe Shift- Rear Brake levers

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heel /Toe Shift- Rear Brake levers

Does anyone know who makes some nice Heel toe and rear brake levers.I cant find much except the Harley and Arlen Ness stuff.Especially the rear brake lever that has always been an eye sore to me.Thanks in advance.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I simply took off the rear pad and put a domed allen in the hole. It now serves as a primary guard and no longer catches my heel. I don't like them because you can't be totally accurate as you can with the toe shift.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:05 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

don't know if you've seen these, they are harleys new edgecut series.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:24 AM
dfndr
Road Master

I like the look of mine with no heel shifter. Not needed and I caught my cuff on it more than once.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:02 AM
coronerrpm
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Took mine off the day I got the bike home. Just not for me. Got the little HD cover and put it on and it's all good.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:00 AM
DrawDown
Road Master

You must be at about the same point as me in your build. Floorboards...now this lol. Im in the market for a shift lever and brake lever. I think Softbrake is probably gonna be our best bet. Seems like there stuff rivals HD in quality and you can get the toe shifter without the shotty heel shifter which saves a little coin. Plus you can get them extended in different lengths which for my size 13 clod hoppers is a good thing. Im probably gonna run the softbrake +1" extended shift lever and the +1" brake lever in the "slotted" design. I think the slotted design is equivalent to HD's "billet" look.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DrawDown
You must be at about the same point as me in your build. Floorboards...now this lol. Im in the market for a shift lever and brake lever. I think Softbrake is probably gonna be our best bet. Seems like there stuff rivals HD in quality and you can get the toe shifter without the shotty heel shifter which saves a little coin. Plus you can get them extended in different lengths which for my size 13 clod hoppers is a good thing. Im probably gonna run the softbrake +1" extended shift lever and the +1" brake lever in the "slotted" design. I think the slotted design is equivalent to HD's "billet" look.
Yep.Just cant run the stock ones with those Eddie Trotta Boards.It will ruin the whole look.I want to keep my heel /toe I like it.I think I found what I am going to go with as long as they fit.Which I think they will.Check out the Performance Machine levers.They are a real nice match to the floor boards.They have that curved sharp edge design same as the boards.I especially like that they come with the pegs already,for both the shifter and brake.I really like the brake pedal.It is smaller and does not remind me of the brake pedal on my mothers 1979 Mercury Grand Marquis like the stock one does.They are pretty inexpensive and PM makes real high quality parts.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:50 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Extended billet slotted shift levers from eBay for a lot less then brands mentioned. Sold the heel shifter, which is exactly the same as the toe shifter, which paid for most of the original cost. Looks brand new two years later. Matching slotted billet brake lever was already on bike.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:47 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

TTT, im in the market too

Old 12-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Phatboy2010
Tourer

Ill never give up my heel shifter. You cant power shift with a toe shifter. I have won many light to light races by power shifting with the heel shifter. To each their own...

Last edited by Phatboy2010; 12-31-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Heel /Toe Shift- Rear Brake levers