Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cables ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Beachman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Cables ?

I'm going to be converting to chrome controls and cables. I don't know to go with the HD Diamond Back or the Magnum Sterling Chromite II cables. I kind of like how the Magnum's clutch cable is chrome for the entire length. Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:00 AM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of the HD DB cables and have had the outer cover on the clutch cable crack (which then lets road grime into the weave). Look at Barnett cables before you make a choice. Also, the Magnum and HD cables are the same.

Clarification - when I purchase my HD DB cables 4 years ago, they were the same as the Magnum ones (Magnum made the HD ones). Hence my comment. Probably dated now. But my HD cables have not held up well.

Last edited by OneBlackFly; 12-28-2010 at 06:08 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-27-2010, 07:59 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Magnum and Harley Diamond backs are not the same. Magnums will not fade or yellow. I would not say they look like chrome. They are steel braided and are beautiful cables but would never say that they look like chrome. Just a really nice steel braided sheathing. I diamond back throttle and idle on my bike and a magnum brake line. there is quite a difference in the appearance of them. I can get you magnums and am one of magnum's top sellers in the US.

Drew

Drew

Drew

Old 12-27-2010, 08:11 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Brandon, get the magnums. I have had barnetts and magnums and their is no comparison in the look. Granted, i didn't have the brightest weave on the barnetts but I am so impressed with the magnums, i would definitely buy them again. plus they have the matching fuel crossover line. Dr. Vtwin can get you great prices, as he did me, and they will be a decently close match to your uskoolines plug wires (not perfect, but very passable). Good luck man.