Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Product Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:39 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the switch houses (not covers) and the swing arm covers. I like them and think they look good

Old 12-22-2010, 02:19 PM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyphoenix
I have their curved,laydown license plate holder. Flawless finish.
I have this on my FBL and agree that it's flawless. I'm planning on taking it over to be powder coated soon though. The chrome just doesn't match the Lo.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:52 PM
mikeshog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome is what you pay for

I agree with FCFALLON--Chrome is very pretty when installed but you have to maintain it much better than HD chrome. I do live on saltwater but KYR chrome begins to pit way before HD chrome. price is right but takes a bit more labor. I also had problems with 1 of their eloctro-magnetic throttle locks. I have installed three of them and two worked fine. The third gave me electrical problems (thought i knew what I was doing after 2 others), the tech group had me go through multiple diognisis stages. I sent it back for replacement, after sending it back, speaking to the tech after he called me and shipping additional parts i called 3 weeks later and he stated he could not tell me the status because my buddy bought through the HD stealer. Also stated he couldn't tell me because of the HIPPA LAWS????????????????? DUDE WAS MAKING STUFF UP BUT THEY DID SEND REPLACEMENT AFTER A LONG DOAGNOSIS PERIOD. LIKE THEIR STUFF (LAY DOWN PLATE, HORN COVER, ALL LIGHT EYEBROWS, SPEDO COVER, ELECTRO MAGNETIC THROTTLE LOCK, PEGS, SHIFTER PEGS ECT. bUY YOUR CLEANER AND YOU WILL GET MORE RADICAL STYLING BUT MORE CLEANING TIME. Get what you pay for as they say.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Kuryakyn Skull Mirrors, Iso Grips, Throttle boss and levers. I didn't plan it that way it just sort of happened.

All the pieces are either 6 or 7 years old and the chrome is still as nice as the day they came outta the box.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Nickrc3
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a Kury curved vertical plate assembly. Good quality chrome and fitment.
I've personally had several chrome H/D pieces pit and discolor after a couple years.
Maybe in past years the Kuryakyn product was questionable, but today's quality appears to be a good value.

Attached Thumbnails Kuryakyn Product Quality?-left-side-plate-12-21-10.jpg  
Old 12-23-2010, 06:45 AM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My experience is that their products outdistance HD by a mile, but there are other products that outdistance KYR... price to value KYR does well.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:03 AM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got bits and pieces of kuryakyn added to my bike over the years.....good quality,no complaints

Old 12-23-2010, 11:57 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

My buddy put their floorboards on his Ultra and they began to peel in two years. He brought his bike to the display they had set up at bike week in Daytona and they claimed it was from the salt water and thats not their problem. He had to FORCE them to look at the Illinois plates and convince them its never seen salt water in its life till this weekend before they would do a thing about it. In the end, they did exchange his peeling ones for new ones for a reasonable fee.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:16 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

THOSE BASTARDS!!....
Originally Posted by bikerlaw
My buddy put their floorboards on his Ultra and they began to peel in two years. He brought his bike to the display they had set up at bike week in Daytona and they claimed it was from the salt water and thats not their problem. He had to FORCE them to look at the Illinois plates and convince them its never seen salt water in its life till this weekend before they would do a thing about it. In the end, they did exchange his peeling ones for new ones for a reasonable fee.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:08 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like Kury's products. Never had an issue with anything from them that I own and I feel they are better than a lot of the competition. In comparison to genuine HD chrome products, I think HD might be a tad bit better quality. Kury makes some things that HD doesn't, which is what I like about them.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Product Quality?