Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

39" cholos

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I said will work. Just need the inside pipe diameter. I can get it bit will not be till Thursday night till I am around the bike.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireman1501
What I said will work. Just need the inside pipe diameter. I can get it bit will not be till Thursday night till I am around the bike.
This is what I suggested in post# 26 of this thread.Its been a while since I installed my cholos.I thought the mufflers slipped into the head pipes which would may have caused a problem but after checking my pipes .The mufflers slip over the head pipes so there should be no problems doing this. I agree with Fireman 1501 this will work.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:41 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Malingerer
This is what I suggested in post# 26 of this thread.Its been a while since I installed my cholos.I thought the mufflers slipped into the head pipes which would may have caused a problem but after checking my pipes .The mufflers slip over the head pipes so there should be no problems doing this. I agree with Fireman 1501 this will work.
Does it effect back pressure if the baffles are installed so far up in the headers? Rather than further back in the muffler....

Old 12-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Does it effect back pressure if the baffles are installed so far up in the headers? Rather than further back in the muffler....
According to Big City Thunder they say you get the same results.I have never tried them so I truly cant say.I have no baffles in my Cholos and my sled runs like a raped ape.But I am not running cams like the OP.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Back pressure in pipes is an hourglass effect, so it won't make any difference where they are placed. However, being in the head pipes will subject them to a lot more heat. Depending on what the baffles material is, they may burn out and need to be repacked periodically. If it comes to that, it's a cheap and easy job though.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok the baffles can only be 3" long in order to fit on the primary side pipe. You just need the ID measurement.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:53 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is really an unfortunate circumstance. Hope you get it worked out. I find it hard to believe that a company like Samson won't stand behind a customer a bit more. I mean if there was no way to tell if the pipes he was installing were unbaffled how can this even be his fault? Where was the communication broken down at? Seems like that should be the first thing found out and then work from there.

Sad Samson, Sad.... making me rethink my idea of switching from my V&H now.

Last edited by lionsqrne; 12-22-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:39 AM
MADDOG808
Advanced
Unhappy

I really appreciate everyones help in trying to remedy my problems with these pipes. Especially the Braddahs at Dr. VTwin, Drew and Shawn. I dont know if I want to put the baffles in the headers. Especially since it has not been done and I really dont want to drill or mess with that end of my exhaust system.

To answer everyones question. It is just so frustrating that a BIG company like Samson cannot step up and fix their mistake. That is where the problem happened. By them sending the wrong pipes. What kills me this is my second set of Samson mufflers I bought. Being my initial set up was the whole true dual system with the 28" longtails.

Im just drained in trying to figure out how to fix this. I've come to the point that if anyone on the HD Forums are interested in these NON-Baffled 39" Cholos mufflers. I letting them go for $350.00.(Shipping not included) These pipes are brand new. Please understand I paid $434.00 for them. So I think this a real good deal. PM me if you are seriously interseted. I'm selling the pipes so I can a set that are BAFFLED.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Put them up for sale in the classifieds.You will get a better response.Good Luck

Old 12-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor

i'm sorry to have to defend Samson from miscommunication but the pipes were not bought from us. the wrong part number was sent too the customer without our knowledge. it was a dealer, not Samson, who made the mistake. we will always stand behind our products.
thank you,
JR

Quick Reply: 39" cholos