Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a Fat Boy seat and tail onto a Deluxe??

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010 | 08:40 PM
studiopeg
|
Road Warrior
Default Getting a Fat Boy seat and tail onto a Deluxe??

Many of you have already seen the bike I am trying to make my Deluxe into:

I like the chrome tail section but thought it was custom made so didn't give it any further thought. But come to find out it comes from a CVO Fat Boy, except she had someone bling up the chrome somehow.

Small world. A friend of a friend tonight mentioned to me he had one of these in his attic that he took off his CVO Fat Boy and he doesn't want it.

Before I buy it, does anyone have experience with this seat and tail section? Harley's website does not say it fits a Deluxe, but obviously someone got it to fit nicely on this Deluxe somehow.

I'd love to figure out how this fit her Deluxe, and what did she do to the smooth chrome to bling it up like that?

Yeah I know I will probably have to talk to a local guy who does mods, but thought I'd throw out a shout here also as you guys are such a fount of information

Oh and yeah, I know that everything probably depends upon the model year...

Last edited by studiopeg; 12-20-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-20-2010 | 10:03 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain

I'm not sure about the tail, but I got a Danny Gray Buttcrack off a Fatboy to fit my Deluxe. As you know, the Deluxe seat fastens with two bolts in the back (at least my '06 does). On the Fatboy, the seat attaches to the frame on either side. The frame has plastic knockouts in the holes where the seat mounts. I removed the knockouts and attached the seat to the frame. I used a bib to cover 3 unused mounting holes in my fender (2 for the seat, 1 for the rack).

Old 12-20-2010 | 10:37 PM
SMF
Banned

Your going to to get the tins repainted anyways so just see if you need to drill new holes and drill them and fill the other holes in, im extending my rear fender right now and getting rid of all the holes. I think you should go with out the chrome seat, thats the one thing makes the pink bike ugly. And the bedazzling just makes the whole bike a failure imo. If it was my pink sled i would just keep the solo, simple clean, wins here every time. Over the top if not done correctly is feo (ugly in espanish)

Old 12-20-2010 | 10:39 PM
SMF
Banned

Oh and i showed my girl the pink bike and she put her thumb over the seat and said "now its a nice bike"

Old 12-21-2010 | 07:46 AM
studiopeg
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
Oh and i showed my girl the pink bike and she put her thumb over the seat and said "now its a nice bike"
I value everybody's opinion here, but yours I value the most highly. Thanks dude.

Old 12-21-2010 | 09:43 AM
SMF
Banned

Btw I like your version of the pink bike better, that bowling ball lookin paint job looks killer.