Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think I found the one...03 Night Train 100th

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:30 PM
X Black p3arl 7rain X
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rip DEATH
It is the bike and you are the one that did suggest it. Thanks much for the input. Do you have 180 or 160 back tire and fender? Could you im me some tips on the tire and fender installs from the stock that I have please? I am looking for a single seat fat back tire and fender similar to yours. I have a set of apes that I am looking at right now...

narrow tall in black

http://www.customchrome.net/icatalog/Full.aspx?Page=401

As Story said, my Night Train is a 2006, so I have a Twin Cam 88 with a 200mm rear tire. I see the picture now, that bike is awesome, I love bobbers, its a little too "new school" for me though. That is why I chose to go with the apes I did, I wanted an 'ol school look. The bars you selected do look good on Night Trains, check out Road 6 Customs, they make a similar bar for a reasonable price. That rear fender looks similar to a Heartland EZ-200 conversion. Click on the sticky in the Softail forum to see how they are installed, they can be pricey though, I believe (don't quote me) off the top of my head, upwards of $1000-$1500 for the fender not including paint. It is a direct bolt on to the 2006-up softail rear fender (plug and play essentially). Gives it a neat bobber look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukFVN...eature=related

^Here is a 2006 Night Train off of you tube with apes, and the Heartland EZ-200. I'm sure some of you guys have seen this before, but this guy did an outstanding job on his bike IMO, and really was an inspiration to me in looking to seek out something totally different from what everyone else has on theirs. I give him a thumbs up, his Train looks incredible and practical at the same time. Truly awesome look.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, +1 on what story said. IMO, you can't go wrong with any Night Train, though I have to admit I don't care much for that Hot Bike version. The 23" front wheel and what looks to be approx 1" front travel seems like it would be very uncomfortable. See my sig pic for an example of what the 200 rear looks like on an NT.

Stop in on the Night Train pic thread anytime. We're always glad to help others spend their money lol!

Old 12-18-2010, 06:28 PM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do like the shift linkage...

S/F
Freefall