Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALMOST TIME TO PUT HER TO BED.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006 | 01:59 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: ALMOST TIME TO PUT HER TO BED.

ORIGINAL: oldfartjc

ORIGINAL: bikerbehaviorist

California rider here. Right now is my favorite time of the year - getting a little nip in the air, will be that way through Oct. Then is starts getting wet. But those days between the rain in the green hills
Never really put the bike away - probably the most was a week or so of rain
No nip in the air yet in the Phoenix area, it was 101° today, in fact there is rarely a nip in the air but I do feel for those who have to put their buike away for winter. I know what it's like as I moved here to Phoenix from Butte, Montana over 21 years ago.
Dang! That's awesome. Got a sister-n-law in Scottsdale so we go visit every now and then.. Absolutely cool place.. uh no pun intended.. as "cool" may not be the best of terms. hehe.. But I can imagine the optimum riding season is reverse.. Park it in the hot hot summer to opt for some A/C in the cage, and ride in the winter where it's a bone chilling 60 degrees (or some other mild happy tempurature).

If they only had unlimited water supplies and a sure-fire way of preventing scorpions and termites, I'd be all over it.

I really do want to go out there and do some riding up in Prescott / Jerome / Sedona... There's some great little hole-in-the-wall diner/restaurants in Wickenburg too.
AZ is a great state indeed.

Old 09-28-2006 | 05:07 PM
IRready
Road Master

Riding here in Oklahoma is just now getting perfect. I guess there are a few good points about being here! Year round riding for the most part.

Old 09-28-2006 | 06:35 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

So Cal riding here is year round. I'm more up towards the "high desert" so it gets into the high 30 at night in the winter, but days still get up into the 50 -60, some wind in the winter though. But all in all year round riding.

Old 09-28-2006 | 06:56 PM
BluesJopo
Cruiser

We've already had snow here in Northern Utah. We've decided this year we're trailering our bikes to so cal and riding the coast for a few days before Thanksgiving. Boat or bikes, doesn't matter....we just deal with the fact that we live in a state that doesn't give us much time for summer play toys.

Old 10-03-2006 | 09:05 PM
sal1269
Intermediate

Even Nor-Cal is rideable year round. Bundle up when it gets too cold. Fog down in the bay area is a KILLER! Otherwise, park it and upgrade. I have been thinking about performing the 95" upgrade myself. I figure we are coming up to the right time of year to have her down.